Our CBD 'DeFlame'contains pure CBD CO2 extract in MCT Coconut oil.This nutritional supplement contains 1mg CBD per each two drops. 5ml contains 83mg CBD, 15ml contains 248mg, 30ml contains 496mg CBD, and 100ml contains 1660mg CBD. These formulas deliver 1mg CBD per each 2 drops.
Our CBD Formulas are different! Many formulas make it difficult to accurately measure the amount of CBD you are using. However, because our formulas contain 1mg CBD in every two drops, the measurment is simple.
CBD, or Cannabidiol, has been researched for anti-inflammatory activity1,2. We've blended CBD with essential oils traditionally used, and researched, for these actions.
Turmeric CO2 'total' oil contains significant amounts of curcuminoids, which have also been researched for their anti-inflammatory effects.3,4 We actually regularly ingest a few drops of this oil for this purpose.
Ginger CO2 'total' is included as Ginger too has been researched for its anti-inflammatory properties.5,6 We're including Ginger CO2 in blends we're now developing for athletes for this property.
Lavender is widely researched for its anti-inflammatory actions.7,8 Linalool, the primary constituent in Lavender essential oil, is a terpene found to interact with our endo-cannabinoid system.9
As in most of our formulas, we've included Hemp essential oil, which is thought to act synergistically with CBD.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring constituent/cannabinoid of the hemp plant. It is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid in hemp/cannabis. Our CBD oil extract is a full spectrum extract of a Hemp strain of Cannabis sativa. Hemp is ideal for cannabidiol (CBD oil) extractions as it is naturally high in CBD and low in THC. Because of the extraction from legally grown and extracted Hemp, it is legal for shipment to all 50 states.
The CBD oil is extracted through a high pressured, supercritical CO2 extraction (as all our CO2 oils are), and the raw CBD oil is further refined to remove plant waxes and further concentrate the available CBD. Each batch of the final CBD oil is analyzed via High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to quantify its purity, and guarantee you receive precise amounts of CBD in each and every one of our formulations.
Our cannabidiol (CBD oil) extract is a full spectrum cannabinoid extract. Besides the high content of CBD there are also present naturally occurring trace amounts of other cannabinoids, which many scientists and doctors think work in synergy to support the whole human endo-cannabinoid system.
Most preclinical studies with cannabidiol utilize synthetic, single-molecule CBD produced by biochemical laboratories for research purposes – whereas whole plant CBD-rich extractions typically include trace amounts of THC and more than 400 other compounds, which interact synergistically to confer a holistic “entourage effect” so that the therapeutic impact of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its parts.
MCT Coconut Oil
MCT Coconut oil is used to emulsify the CBD CO2 extract for more simple and accurate use. Whereas some formulators use Hempseed oil, it does contain oxalic acid, which may be contraindicated for some users (in particular, for children whom experience seizures). We DO actually recommend supplementation with Hempseed oil if this is safe for you – it's exceptionally good for you in many ways.
This MCT fraction of coconut oil is the Medium Chain Triglycerides, which make up 62% of Virgin Coconut oil. It is also often used as a dietary supplement, and has an exceptionally long natural shelf life (relative to Olive oil, which is also used for emulsifying CBD extracts). We think this the very best choice for retaining all properties of the formula for the longest time (shelf life is over 2 years). We've also added organic Rosemary antioxidant to every formula - the VERY best antioxidant available!
We also package our CBD formulas in Miron Glass Violet bottles. The 'high-tech' Violet Glass has the greatest resistance to UV light penetration of any glass container, and is even thought to enhance the activity of natural products within it by letting only a small window of the light spectrum through it. This particular wavelength is considered to have "vibrationally-enhancing" properties by the Swiss manufacturer.
Use and Serving Size: Shake well before using. The amount of CBD oil that people take on a daily basis can vary greatly. We encourage our customers to experiment with their intake, and do their own research for optimal intake for their specific needs. CBD oil can be ingested morning or night, on an empty or full stomach.
Note that cannabinoid compounds have 'biphasic' properties, whereby small doses and high doses of the same substance can produce opposite effects. CBD has no known adverse side effects at any dose, but 'too much,' while not harmful, could be less effective therapeutically than a moderate dose.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. "Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors". J Exp Med. 2012 Jun 4;209(6):1121-34.
2. "Cannabidiol reduces Aβ-induced neuroinflammation and promotes hippocampal neurogenesis through PPARγ involvement". PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28668.
3. "Curcumin treatment attenuates pain and enhances functional recovery after incision". Anesth Analg. 2014 Jun;118(6):1336-44.
4. "Protective Effect of Curcumin on Acute Airway Inflammation of Allergic Asthma in Mice Through Notch1-GATA3 Signaling Pathway". Inflammation. 2014 Apr 6.
5. "Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities of essential oil from ginger". Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013 Jan-Mar;57(1):51-62.
6. "Anti-inflammatory properties of red ginger (Zingiber officinale var. Rubra) extract and suppression of nitric oxide production by its constituents". J Med Food. 2010 Feb;13(1):156-62.
7. "Antioxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of lavender essential oil".
An Acad Bras Cienc. 2015 Aug;87(2 Suppl 0):1397-1408. Epub 2015 Aug 4. Silva GL, Luft C, Lunardelli A, Amaral RH, Melo DA, Donadio MV, Nunes FB, Azambuja MS1, Santana JC, Moraes CM, Mello RO, Cassel E, Pereira MA, Oliveira JR.
8. "Effect of lavender essential oil on LPS-stimulated inflammation." Am J Chin Med. 2012;40(4):845-59.
Huang MY1, Liao MH, Wang YK, Huang YS, Wen HC.
9. "Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects" Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Aug; 163(7): 1344–1364.