The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ulcerative Colitis 

Post Ulcerative Colitis
My youngest son has been diaginosed with ulcerative colitis and is taking a bunch of meds to control it. We finally seem to have it under control after some scary moments since last Thanksgiving. My question is two fold;

1 - Does anyone know of any blends that may help address and/or correct this problem naturally using essential oils?

2 - The meds that he is now on state that they may weaken his ability to fight off other, possibly more serious infections, making him prone to getting sick. What would you suggest he start taking to help really boost his immune system to help fight off possible infections?

I am new to EO and aromatherapy but believe in its ability to help the body heal and defend itself form many ailments.

Thanks in advance for anything you might provide! :D

Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Post Re: Ulcerative Colitis
Hi Dave. Sorry to hear about your son.

Frankincense would be very good. A drop or two in a glass or water 3 or 4 times weekly, and obviously monitor the results. It is said to be good for ulcerative colitis, and excellent for boosting the immune system.

Bergamot, rosemary verbenone, and cineole-rich oils such as cajeput are also useful for boosting the immune system.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it works out.

Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Thank you!

Tue May 20, 2014 4:15 pm

I found this page on the internet, which may offer useful information:

http://www.digherbs.com/ulcerative-colitis.html

Tue May 20, 2014 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]