The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Cystic Fibrosis Patients 

Post Cystic Fibrosis Patients
I'd like to send some love out to all the CFers. Aroma therapy is getting for popular for cystic fibrosis, and CF is unique in its pathology to more common, non-chronic respiratory conditions so I think it merits some special consideration.

I've got CF, and I've got my diffuser/timer set up to go all night, 5 min per hour. I'll use this thread to post some results.

Super Immune
It's great, and I love it. Unfortunately it's only good to sleep to for me. The lavender in it, and maybe something else, made me too lethargic throughout the day, and even a bit on the congested side. With CF you gotta watch your lavender intake with these high power diffusers. But I sleep like a baby with this. One way I counter-balance it is adding additional benchmark thyme to focus more on the anti-microbial and less on the relaxing aspect. And speaking of....

Thyme and Oregano
Potent. That cannot be understated. I can't diffuse at high power for very long cause I'll get a headache, but at the right concentration/blends you can't go wrong with this. Oregano was shown in a laboratory study to be more effective at killing MRSA than 18 other anti-biotics.

Tea Tree
I seem to do better with tea tree. A good blend of tea tree and eucalyptus seems to be the best on my lungs. It will dry out your lungs and you'll wake up with thicker mucous, but less of it. I can do straight tea tree and not get headaches; make sure you stay hydrated if you use heavy tea tree blends! I think tea tree may be more anti-fungal, but less anti-bacterial than Thyme/Oregano, but I can't say for sure.

Eucalyptus
Very easy to breathe with in a diffuser. Great for blends like thyme, oregano, tea tree (the big guns).

I've purchased several more oils: lime, cajeput, star anise, black pepper, turmeric, and a few more. I'll make another post with my ideas/results!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]