The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Research on the Effects of Essential Oils 

Post Research on the Effects of Essential Oils
I've been using essential oils for a while now and have recently become interested to know if there have been any studies done on the effects they have in the body past just the aromatherapy usage. There are so many different known ways of using them some of which some people think you should never do while others are OK with the type of application such as internal and topical usage. I was wondering if you could point me in a direction of where I might find studies or research that has been done that is ideally neutral of any company. I know that YL has books that quote research, but I do not feel this is neutral. I am specifically interested in any research out there that involves what happens to the body after the oils are taken internally and how this might change the make up of the oil's properties, but any real research involving the oils I would be curious about.

I know there are books out there detailing the keynotes and the chemical constitutes and such, but this is not what I am after at present.

Any pointers on where I should look for such research would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]