The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Neat rose oil "hot" 

Post Neat rose oil "hot"
Hi,
I'm hoping that someone here can give me the benefit of their experience and knowledge about my rose oil question that I still haven't found an answer to in searching the internet.

Is undiluted/neat rose oil considered to be a hot oil ?

I had a recent intense reaction, not directly from Ananda's rose offerings but using a well known Bulgarian rose oil supplier who claims steam distilled, 100% pure. This was not an absolute extraction.
I do know about dilution of oils and would have done so if I had thought rose to be considered a hot oil, my ignorance if so. I also would never have put it on my lip knowing it was a hot oil either! I had an immediate strong burning and numbing sensation and as it got to my tongue a very, very strong bitter taste. Perhaps these are signs of a very potent pure rose oil or perhaps they are indicators of something not so good in this example. I don't know.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:04 am

Post Re: Neat rose oil "hot"
Hi Yvonne. I have used ananda's Bulgarian rose essential oil numerous times right out of the bottle with no ill effects. But it is important to try just a drop or two on your hands or wrist at first to tell if you might be sensitive to it. Different people have varying responses to all oils.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Post Re: Neat rose oil "hot"
Thanks for responding Merlin,

Generally I'm not one of those sensitive folks and haven't had a any previous reactions before. This was less than a drop in my described experience. To be clear this wasn't from Ananda, but it makes me question the honesty of the rose oil company which professes it to be pure and steam distilled they are after all in the rose oil business. That's why I'd like to know if there is some information that I have missed about rose oil.

If anyone else has had an experience similar to mine with any rose oil I'd sure appreciate hearing about it.

yvonne

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]