The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Essential oils for self-confidence 

Post Essential oils for self-confidence
I have a serious self-confidence problem that affects me in several areas of my life. I have learned to handle it in some way, but it still being a problem sometimes, like in job interviews. I'm in the search for a new job, and having many interviews but not being able to get a job makes me feel depressed. I know my lack of confidence, anxiety and low self-esteem are way too obvious and a person like me is not what they're looking for. I believe if I can just get a job will boost my general mood a lot. What are your recommendations for essential oils that are confidence boosters and especially that help me relax and being tranquil and smiley during a job interview?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Essential oils for self-confidence
Hi emmafrieda,

There are lots of oils that may do that, but as I usually say, it's a very personal thing which aromatics will work for each person in this way. Bergamot is excellent, if you'd like the sweet-tart citrus aroma it has. It's considered the #1 anti-depressant essential oil, and is pretty generally uplifting. Same with Lemon -- others prefer more grounding scents like sandalwood and frankincense, and others the evergreen-needle aromas like Fir and Pine. A good inhale of peppermint is a nice eye opener, too. AND, there's Jasmine and Rose, both of which seem to work wonders for women.

So I would suggest the citrus oils, and the jasmine (sambac) and rose (otto is very nice, the absolute smells more like the flower). Just get samples of these and see of one of them really strikes you as uplifting and go from there.

All the Best,
Eric

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:30 am

Post Re: Essential oils for self-confidence
EOs to boost up confidence:

Cypress
Fennel
Ginger
Grapefruit
Jasmine
Orange
Pine