The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Eucalyptus aroma intensity? 

Post Eucalyptus aroma intensity?
Hi all, I'm new to essential oils and have been trying to absorb all info like a sponge. The other day, someone brought a little amber bottle (looked to be 15ml) into the sauna of what obviously smelled like eucalyptus. They simply unscrewed the cap leaving the bottle open and after about 2-3 minutes the entire room had a powerful but refreshing scent, all from that tiny bottle. I thought this was a great idea, so I tried doing the same. I filled a 5ml amber bottle with eucalyptus oil from Eden's Garden. I was in the sauna for 20 minutes and it had no where near the same effect, didn't smell anything at all. When I put my nose to the bottle I certainly smell it, but the scent did not penetrate the room.

Should I have used a 15ml bottle instead?
Is there such a thing as Eucalyptus absolute? Or is there a brand with a more powerful aroma other than Eden's Garden?
Perhaps the oil was diluted in something to achieve a stronger aroma?

I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find any info.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:07 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Eucalyptus aroma intensity?
Hi,

Well, all eucalyptus varieties should smell fairly potent..I don't think it's the bottle size! As long as the bottle you purchase does not indicate any carrier oil, you should have pure eucalyptus (as you'll get if you purchase the oil on our site.

Not sure what else to say, other than trying one of our oils to see the results you get :)

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]