The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Many Uses and I'm still Learning 

Post Many Uses and I'm still Learning
I use the essential oils in making my own cleaning products. After reading the book, Clean House - Clean Planet, I started making my own cleaning stuff. It is not hard to do and with the help of essential oils, it gives me the right fragrance or cleaning power I need for them. I use a lot of peppermint, pine, lemon and various others ones for this.

In mop water, I always add some pine, peppermint or various other oils to just help freshen the house up as well as give it some boost in cleaning. It lingers for a couple of days at least.

Another use I find for them is if I want to make my house smell nice for people coming over, I add them to the water clean out valve on my AC Indoor unit (have no idea what this is called but I know where it is located). I just put a few drops in there when the AC unit is running and you can smell them in the air vents in no time!

Tea Tree is my essential oil that I use if I get a cut or insect bite. I no longer use any over the counter things because Tea Tree oil does it for me! Of course, I learned the hard way to dilute it down! Ouch! Not good!

If I get a headache which is rare, I often use peppermint oil but by sniffing it briefly.

I've used peppermint oil in bath water to help cool me down before when I was going through an awful rash.

There is a mixture that I use to help alleviate times of allergies or a stuffed up nose and diffusing it works like a miracle.

That's just some of the things I use them for!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Post Re: Many Uses and I'm still Learning
I've used Rosalina and also Frankincense for cuts and scrapes

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]