The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Skin Growths 

Post Skin Growths
I have had success using a combination of Rose Absolute and Ylang-Ylang to shrink, then sometimes remove skin tags and growths. One drop of each directly applied to the spot, then massaged into the skin has affected skin growths. I had a few different kinds of skin growths, not all identical, and each kind reacted differently. Some shrunk, some came off, and some I was able to pick off after applying the oils for some weeks. I noticed a difference within a week, and kept it up for about a month, trying it on every skin "thing" I had. This combination was completely effective in some cases, but ineffective in others. Just try it!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Skin Growths
Hi -- was there anything that got you to choose those oils? I've seen Lemon and Frankincense recommended, but not really any others :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 pm

I have had helicrysm reccomended to me for skin tags as this is a big issue for me. Also that same person reccomended cistus also. So I tried them both and have had nothing actually come off body wise. HOWEVER, yes, around the eyes, I have seen skrinkage of skin tags with helicrysm e-oil, one drop in several ounces of water.
However, that said, and I know this is an e-oil forum, but hey, this experience made me purchase some helicrysm flowers themselves and brew them up as a strong 'tea'. I have also made 'flower water' with the same results.
The small skin tags that are already flatish DO smoothe over, and I'm hoping with continued use I will get more than the incredible smooth skin so far.
So basically for skin tags, I have had better results going to the source so to speak and not the essential oil of that plant. Soaking in a strong mixture in the tub, as well as spraying a mixture on my skin directly.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
How did I choose which EO's to use to shrink/remove skin growths? With muscle testing.

We are also having some good results with using Rose Hip Seed Oil on a rough brown circular patch on my husband's hand. Going through a process of darkening, then sloughing off that dark layer, leaving the original lighter color, applying the oil, then watching it darken and slough is a pretty cool thing to watch! :P

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]