The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Five Element Theory and EOs 

Post Re: Five Element Theory and EOs
As you may know, I've just started using EO's for specific issues (well, not entirely true: a med. intuitive I used to consult regularly prescribed baths for me; that was years ago; so I should say I'm just beginning to educate myself and do some experimenting on my own)-- but the first two, and only, books I've bought are the Mojay & Schnaubelt. For where I am in this process, that's more than enough!

I love M's incorporation of the 5 Elements theory. Knowing what elements need addressing, it's helped me narrow down the huge range of choices in EOs. That's as far as I've gotten so far!

Right now I'm taking baths for adrenal support, but the choice of EOs came out of specific recommendations in those books (not the 5 Elements aspect) with some dowsing help.

I'll be interested to hear, too, about people's experience with this.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Schnaubelt recommends pine and black spruce. I got the idea of lavender from I'm not sure where and I had someone dowse the proportions for me.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Also, to add-- sometimes you don't address the weakest element directly. For instance, in my case, I checked with an acupuncturist I was seeing for some time. Kidney energy definitely low, but the problem is first in the liver/Wood and spleen/Earth. In Five Elements, stagnation in one area of chi can cause blockages in another. So the Wood and Earth were causing problems with Water/kidney, and her feeling was that I needed to address those two elements first, which would then allow Water to flow.

The only reference I found to adrenals was in Schnaubelt, and the EOs he recommends are not mentioned in Earth or Wood in Mojay. But both of them mention Atlas Cedar, I believe, though this didn't test well for me, so I'm not using it.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]