The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Geranium (x asperum from Egypt) 
Site Admin

Post Re: Geranium (x asperum from Egypt)
Smart, as many don't know about the difference. Very nice aroma IMHO, as I don't care for the heavier Geraniums. This is very well balanced.

Thanks Sue!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 pm

I blended my last few drops of Indian Extra Sandalwood (that I received as a gift) some Rosewood, Rose Geranium and Amber Rose to use as a perfume. My co-worker asked me what I was wearing... She loved it. I think it needs a little more Sandalwood to town done the heavy rose, so I am anxiously awaiting my Sandalwood Extra (which I just ordered). This variety of Sandalwood has won my heart on intoxicating fragrance alone, but it has so many excellent qualities, it's my second favorite essential oil.

Regards,

Sue

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 pm
Site Admin

Though we don't list it as such, our new organic Geranium from South Africa is noted as " x asperum" from the distiller. We do have the GCMS, and expect it to be antifungal as the Egyptian "x asperum" oil is -- It IS now our favorite Geranium aromatically -- full, almost spicy, and very fresh - like the Egyptian, but a little more complex. And as we're working close with the distiller, very affordable. We acquired all the distiller had at the moment. Worth trying for sure, and highly recommended for really any Geranium application by us :)

~ Eric

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]