The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Blending? 

Post Blending?
I am always afraid of wasting oil when I blend. What happens if I blend the oils and I do not like it, there is $ down the drain.
What I have done is get several 1 ounce jars and fill them with coconut oil, but could be the oil of your liking. I add the oils to the jars and have several to choose from. That way I can mix as I go and save oil without worrying about blending. I the morning you can choose your oils and wear them in any combination, I have several oils I have this way, Sandalwood, Palo Santo, Amber, Blue Lotus, Cedar, Lavender. You can apply a little Sandalwood in your bread if you have one :ugeek: a little Lavender on your arms, it is endless. Oh and one hint for a good diffuser, I like to put a little EO in my mustache, it give me a nice strong personal smell without being over bearing on others, unless the get to close of course :roll:
Ali

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Blending?
This sounds like a great system! You've created a way to enable the greatest versatility with combinations of essential oils.

If you decide you like a couple oils together reliably, or you want to change the strength of the scents, you can always add a few drops of each essential oil into a tiny sample vial alone, or the bottom of a 1 oz. jar. That way, if you don't like it, it's no more than a few drops at risk. Once you figure out proportions you like, add your coconut oil, and you have created your favorite blend. Make a note of the recipe, and you will be able to recreate it anytime.

Thanks for the contribution, Ali.

Thanks for posting! Please let us know if we can help further.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]