The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil? 

Post Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil?
Hello, I think that I have read references here and there to the rosemary essential oil used as a preservative?

If I understood correctly, could someone enlighten me a little bit more as to this use?

Is the rosemary essential oil to be added to carrier oils?...not other bottles of essential oils...?

Is there a certain amount of rosemary that would be effective per so many ml of carrier oil?

Thank you for your help!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Post Re: Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil?
Just found an answer to my question....found this information under one of Ananda's Rosemary listings....

"Recent research has noted that when ingested, relatively small amounts of Rosemary extract can stop oxidation in all "oil" or "fat" components of our bodies. This organic extract can be added to your carrier oil "stock", or to blends including carrier oils. This extract is known to be more effective than Vitamin E for natural preservation of your oils.

The suggested dilution ration for effectively extending the shelf-life of your carrier oils and blends is only 0.2% (1/5th of one percent), which is 1 to 2 drops of the extract per fluid ounce of carrier oil."

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]