The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Vanilla EO blending 

Post Vanilla EO blending
I wanted to ask you about your vanilla essential oils. I find that my vanilla essential oil from another company does not really mix properly with other oils. And talking to others, this seems to be a very common occurrence. Some of it will stir together, while little brown bubbles of it float to the top and stick to the sides. I also understand that vanilla essential oil is not really for candle making or stirring into melted butters for the same reason.

You make your vanillas sound different, but the extent is not really clear to me. ***Are these vanilla essential oils 100% oil soluble*** with no alcohols included? Will they mix as well as any other essential oil? (Btw, how warmed exactly does the one thicker one need to be? Will 100 degree tap water do it? And then will it blend well without further warming?) Are they recommended for all the purposes that another essential oil would be? In response to the aforementioned questions, is one vanilla more "perfect" than another?

Thank you so much!

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:01 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Vanilla EO blending
Hi - well, Vanilla is only truly available as a CO2 distilled oil..it should blend just fine...other companies sell 'folded' vanilla, which is absolutely not the same...this is why ours is different. It is a real essential oil! Just make sure you shake the bottle before mixing, to get all the 'vanillin' crystals from the bottom!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:34 am

Thank you! So the Tahitian vanilla is NOT good for my purposes then, since it is not labeled CO2, right?

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 pm

Debcita429, I use Ananda's Tahitian all the time in carrier oils & nut butters and it mixes beautifully- and smells wonderful!!

Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]