The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
use carrier oil or neat? 

Post use carrier oil or neat?
I have several oils that I want to mix together as a blend. They are all able to be used on the skin directly. I have no idea how many drops to use of each and I'm new and can't figure out the chart listed. So my first question is how do I figure out how many drops of each and should I use neat if I can or would it be better to use a carrier? It just doesn't seem like there is a lot of oils in there if I use a carrier? Any suggestions? Thanks

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Post Re: use carrier oil or neat?
Hi. When it comes to essentials oils, in general less is better. Adding the blend to a carrier oil is usually the best way to go, because using them neat may lead to skin sensitivity after awhile. Lavender, however, does not fall into that category, so it is safe to use directly from the bottle.

Perhaps you can tell us for what purposes you are planning to use the blend, and the size of the bottle that will contain the EOs and carrier oil. Then we might be able to help with percentages.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Post Re: use carrier oil or neat?
I am making a blend for my son to help with focus, concentration,anxiety, and to have calming effects on him. It will contain 7 different oils. I just feel like using it neat would be more powerful. He doesn't have skin sensitivites at all.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]