The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
young living blends 

Post young living blends
I am wanting to switch over but there are some blends that I use from young living such as thieves, valor, peace and camling and a various of other ones. How would I find the equivilant to these and does anyone have any experience in them working just as well? I'm afraid to make the switch b/c I know the young living ones work so well for me.
Thanks for you help and suggestions!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:05 am
Site Admin

Post Re: young living blends
Hi Joe,

Thieves = PuriF, Valor = Virja, Peace and Calming = Shanti, Citrus Fresh = Tangy Citrus...there are many, any other specifics?

All the Best,
Eric

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:30 am

I am sorry for the doubt but I need to know if they compare well... I have a friend who has almost completley gone off her anxiety meds bc of Valor. If I can recomend something equivilant that will still help her but 1/2 the price I will.. Same with Thieves.. there have been many sicknesses going around the kids and families my kids hang out with and they have yet to get any of it and I'm using Thieves every day on them. Again I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the company or anythign I just need to know if I'm still going to be taking care of my family just as well with your oils. :) Thank you so much for your time!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:55 am

Also how does the Virja smell compare to the Valor? I absolutly love the smell of it! :) Thanks!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:57 am
Site Admin

Hi -

Valor was one of our favorite scents many years ago, and Virya is a very popular blend - and very similar to Valor. The primary notes are from the Blue Tansy and Spruce, which we have very lovely varieties of both...So, imho they're quite similar.

All the Best,
Eric

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:35 pm
Site Admin

BTW - Thieves is primarily an anti-bacterial blend. It does have wonderful, effective ingredients, but anti-bacterial is the chemistry of the blend.

Using available research (found primarily through www.pubmed.gov) we've created Super Immune (http://www.anandaapothecary.com/essenti ... lends.html), utilizing the oils most highly regarded for their anti-viral potential. Bay Laurel, for example, is an extremely complicated chemical mixture, noted in one study for it's affect towards the SARS virus. Of course, the blend does also include Benchmark Thyme - thought both potently antiviral and antibacterial. It is the first essential oil found effective alone when used to combat the MRSA bacteria.

Besides my personal favorite of Helichrysum, the Super Immune blend gets more use in our household more than any other oil or blend. It can be vaporized when others in the house may be ill, or when their seems to just be something going around. When traveling, I'll apply a couple drops to each wrist, and then rub these on my neck under my chin for protection for the immune system. You'll smell wonderful too :)

Cheers,
Eric

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm
Site Admin

PanAway is our Super Soother, Thieves is our PuriFy, and Purification is our PureAire.

Cheers,
Eric

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 pm
Site Admin

The effect of PanAway comes primarily from Wintergreen, which is essentially liquid aspirin (and is inexpensive), and Helichrysum, which is amazingly healing, but one of the more expensive essential oils available. The other oils in the blend are of limited effect...is this what you're asking about 'other oils'? These are the two I would recommend for your condition regardless.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm
Site Admin

Hi Debbie,

The primary purpose of the YL blend is to deliver progesterone transdermally (through the skin). The progesterone is naturally found in wild yam extract. While we do not offer this botanical product, you'll find it online through many vendors, albeit without the essential oils. A simple and inexpensive method of employing oils for progesterone support is to massage a few drops of Geranium essential oil over the adrenal/kidney area of your low-back (this is essentially each side of your back, just below your rib cage - Geranium should be fine used 'neat', though if any skin reaction occurs, simply dilute to 10% in Evening Primrose oil).

Also, supplementing with 1tbs of Evening Primrose oil a day (even better is Borage Seed, though somewhat higher in cost) is known to bring progesterone & estrogen into balance.

Much of the intention of the product is to actually supplement with progesterone hormone through use of a natural source. While I'm not supplementing with this personally, I do use many products from the following company, and believe in their quality and integrity (and you'll find a similar quality at about 1/5th the cost) Natural Progesterone Cream from Life Extension Foundation.

I do hope this helps!
~ Eric

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:41 am

Post Re: doTerra?
Hi all,

Love the YL blends that people have come up with.

Anyone tried blending versions of DoTerra's stuff? I'm particularly interested in their Serenity blend and would love it if people could share experience or recipe.

Thanks a million!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

You might try making up your own blend of these oils -- lavender, sweet marjoram, Roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean -- and see how it works for you. Perhaps begin with equal amounts of each in a small bottle, mixed with a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I made a form of serenity that was almost identical and all I used was Ananda's lavender and vanilla, nothing else! I was surprised!

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:13 am

What is your "Clarity" blend? I am getting ready to place my first order and really need some "Clarity"

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:37 am

Post Re: doTerra
Do you have anything similar to "Whisper" and "Balance".
Thank you!!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:40 am

One more thing....what do you suggest for YL's "Joy"??

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:11 am

Post Re: doTerra
astheys22 wrote:
Do you have anything similar to "Whisper" and "Balance".
Thank you!!

Ananda has a similar one (to balance) called Virya and it is amazing!!

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Do you have a blend that can be used to replace Young Living's Sacred Mountain? I've been doing the emotional release with essential oils and that is an important one for me.

Thanks! :)

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next