The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Niaouli vs Melaleuca 

Post Niaouli vs Melaleuca
Hi - I am trying to build my EO collection based on the needs of my family (including the furry ones). :) I have a question about Niaouli..

Is Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia) similar /same as Melaleuca (alternifolia)? I keep seeing blending recipes that call for Melaleuca, but it is not clear to me if these mean the same thing.

I read that Niaouli is good for allergies and a good EO for dogs with allergies.

Thanks for clarifying!!

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Niaouli vs Melaleuca

Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia) has been noted by Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt as an excellent general immune system booster, and an agent to help one with allergic reactions. His protocol is the application of 5-20 drops of oil directly to the skin after a shower, for best absorption. Niaouli oil is considered an analgesic, antiseptic, bactericide, cicatrisant, insecticide, decongestant and vermifuge. Its aroma is stimulating and uplifting; it clears the head and may aid in concentration. Niaouli oil is considered an excellent antiseptic for treating pulmonary infections such as bronchitis and sinusitis.

Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) The oil is now well known in natural medicine for its antimicrobial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal effects.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Post Re: Niaouli vs Melaleuca
Oh wow. How did i miss that was Tea Tree oil?! Thanks for that clarification...I guess i would have expected the blends to just say Tea Tree oil. lol

I am learning so much from you guys!

Happy Friday!

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]