The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Dowsing for blends 

Post Dowsing for blends
I decided to give a few friends blends of EOs as gifts.

Instead of going at it through smell or by researching what kinds of qualities I thought that person might benefit from, I decided to go from the "know-nothing" stance. And since I know so little, that wasn't too hard. :)

I decided to dowse.

It was very interesting. I was totally neutral. I didn't even look at the labels of the bottles. And for each person a different combination came up. It turned out that they all smelled great too. Everyone said they loved them, but of course they were gifts, so what else were they going to say?! But one friend is a dowser herself and I told her that I was really interested to know if the blend I created for her felt right to her. She said yes, definitely, which helped confirm my faith in my dowsing.

After I selected the oils (no blend had more than 4) I then looked up the most prominant qualities for each and it was interesting to see how well they seemed to fit the person at the time.

I also dowsed one for myself. This is notoriously harder because it's so hard to be neutral with one's one questions, but I followed the same routine--not looking at the name of the oil I was dowsing. But it's odd; I don't love the blend I created for myself and find Bergamot by itself far more refreshing and uplifting. There doesn't seem to be anything else I really want to smell!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:05 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Dowsing for blends
Ha!

That's interesting. I love bergamot too, and it's one of those oils that I can smell all the time.

There's SO much research on the positive effects of bergamot - it's a statistically-significant anti-depressant, and seems to lessen patient's need for pain medication. It's no wonder it's the single oil that talks to you.

Enjoy!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]