The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
who is your main essential oil supplier? 

Post who is your main essential oil supplier?
I'm still new to aromatherapy. I had just bought the first book ever on the topic. Did a Google search on essential oils. Aura Cacia seems like they have a variety of essential oils for sale. My main interest at the moment is for anxiolytic effect and or relaxation.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 am

Post Re: who is your main essential oil supplier?
oops I did not realize this website also sold essential oils. LOL. I found out about this website by Google-ing aromatherapy forums and it took me straight to the forum so I signed up. How are the quality of the essential oils of Ananda Apothecary? Are these ok for inhaling straight from the bottles? I used the jasmine chemical derivative or molecule, vertacetal-coeur. I've inhaled it. It's said to be anxiolytic and is said to be the strongest. It contains no jasmine at all but more like a "jasmine note" (since it smells like it) This molecule is what is used to make jasmine perfumes, as far as I know.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:30 am
Site Admin

Hi,

Our essential oils are among the very highest quality in the business...many of our customers are even YL distributors.

A synthetic Jasmine will not have the same biological properties as a true oil, as real Jasmine contains many, many individual molecules which act in synergy.

Hope this helps!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

what is a YL distributor?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Young Living offers essential oils, although at a substantially higher price compared with Ananda. And they are not any better! IIRC, they use a multi-level-marketing approach, so you are paying a distributor's percentage of the profits, which is added to the cost of the oils.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 pm

There's a couple essential oils I'd like to try out especially vanilla. Are some of the oils in this store can be used internally? I thought I read this about vanilla. I guess some are for topical use only? I'd actually just like to smell the essential oils straight from the bottles in most cases unless its purpose is to be rubbed on the body topically or in case I want a taste of vanilla. :D

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 am

just wondering if the essential oils sold here come with some type of dropper? Also, is a mister needed for some types of oils or is a diffuser all I would need? I think I read somewhere about the use of a mister.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:25 pm
Site Admin

Hi ~ Yes, the 3, 5 and 12ml bottles come with a Euro dropper cap, which can shake out approximately one drop at a time. 30ml and up are sent with glass eyedroppers. You can make your own blend in a mister, though in this case you would mix your oils at around 10% in water, and add an equal amount of 'tween' (found on the bottles page) which emulsifies the oils in water (shake well! about equal parts tween to essential oil - though we've found we can use about half that if we shake well on each use. The aroma of the tween is a little strong upon first mixing, but becomes much more subtle after 24hrs in the blend.

And yes, of course, a diffuser uses only the oils, and has a fully-adjustable output. We find this the easiest way.

Hope this helps!
~ Eric

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 am

Does anything gets "spewed" out of the diffuser that I should know about so I can place the diffuser to a proper location so it wouldn't stain surroundings or contaminate foods?

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:50 am
Site Admin

Hi - no, absolutely not. The essential oils evaporate completely. The only time I 'contaminate' my foods is when I've just massaged my neck with Helichrysum, then eat something with my hands ;)

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 am

Hi,

I was reading a book that mentioned "mint". It didn't say what type of mint it was so what could fall under "mint"? Is it peppermint or spearmint? Is it anything with "mint" on its name?

Also, are some of the essential oils you sell for massage only? Is nutmeg for massage use only and not for diffusing into a diffuser? Are carrier oils used to dilute these massage oils? Does the essential oils used for the diffuser need to be diluted with carrier oils as well or it's good to go as is?

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:23 am
Site Admin

Hi - 'Mint' likely then means any oil with menthol, the best is a nice peppermint, though you could choose cornmint as a less-expensive, yet less 'floral' aroma. Spearmint will have the least menthol.

Hmmm...well, ALL essential oils are to be diluted for massage. Most massage blends will have around 2% essential oil in the carrier oil of your choice. You can use most EO's directly in a diffuser - no, no carrier oil is used with the oils in a diffuser, just use the essential oil alone.

Hope this helps!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:07 pm

I see. I think I get what you're saying. For massage I'd need to dilute the essential oil with any skin care oil or carrier oils. For aromatherapy, I simply use the essential oils with the diffuser.

Just wondering if the status of what is considered "toxic" essential oils has changed? I've seen some other suppliers who sell essential oils that was considered toxic such as Pennyroyal, etc.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]