The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
chronic nose bleeds 

Post chronic nose bleeds
My mother (a young 85) has been having nose bleeds (almost daily for the last 10 days). Her MD is recommending cauterization. In the meantime (or maybe instead of) I was looking for some relief for her with EO's. I suspect not only an age related thinning of the skin but she lives in an EXTREMEY dry area and also has central heat that seems really dehydrating to me. What about Blue Yarrow, Helichrysum or Calendula? And would using those 'neat' be too strong on such a sensitive area? Thanks for any advise!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:53 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: chronic nose bleeds
Hi Lucia,

I wish there was an essential oil that would help in that respect. Personally, I'd highly, highly recommend a humidifier running all the time - that really should help. And while it's not 'designed' exactly for her situation, our Soothing Skin Extra blend would also be our suggestion. Moisturizing and anti-inflammatory.

Hope this helps!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 am

Ananda Staff,
Thanks so very much! That makes total sense and we will give it a go and report back! Thank you again!!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 am

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend cauterization. I've been there, done that and I still get nosebleeds. My son also gets them so we won't be doing that to him either. Helichrysum is helpful for stopping nosebleeds once they've started. It greatly lessens the time it takes for the blood to clot in my experience- sometime within seconds the bleeding will stop other times it takes a minute or two, but it's definitely an improvement over the normal for my son and I. Hope that helps some.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm

My 14 year old has always gotten them 3-4x a week! The doctor says just weak capillaries and dry air here in FL. We have used helichrysum with AMAZING results!! One drop on a qtip in his nose and bleeding instantly stops! We also put a drop on the outside of his nose :)

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]