The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Recommendations for blood sugar support? 

Post Recommendations for blood sugar support?
I need help with blood sugar stabilization. I am experiencing wide swings of highs and lows and symptoms of mild insulin resistance. Not pre-diabetic, but my HgA1c is on the high end of normal.

A friend recently posted her opinion that the doterra slim and sassy blend helps with this but looking at the oils in it I'm not sure why it would help with that.

Appreciative of any suggestions.
Thanks.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:31 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Recommendations for blood sugar support?
Hi,

The 'Slim and Sassy' is more as an appetite suppressant than for blood sugar balance.

There actually isn't any data on essential oils modulating blood sugar, though I'd like to tell you differently!

The best choice that we know of are cinnamon extract, available in health food stores (I find it works very well for this), and chromium picolinate.

We will soon be offering CBD CO2 oil, extracted from hemp plants. It actually has been shown to even 'cure' certain types of diabetes - or at least have a great effect on insulin control. This is the non-psychoactive cannabinoids (unlike THC). Keep watching the site - perhaps sign up on the blog to receive the biweekly posts by email. We will announce it there.

All the Best!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]