The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
essential oil for hyperpigmented scars 

Post essential oil for hyperpigmented scars
Hello there,
I'm new here but I have researched for quite long about essential oils and their benefits because I have tried to find the most effective carrier oils and essential oils to deal with my hyperpigmented scars. I have used many topical scar creams but they seem to help fading my scars only a little so would anyone suggest me about how to choose the carrier oils and essential oils for fading these scars for me?
Thanks
Toomtim

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Post Re: essential oil for hyperpigmented scars
Hi toomtim,

Ananda carries a wonderful blend for scar healing and reduction which I have been using for an old scar and my son used for a new scar (from a bad burn). My son's scar healed magnificently and my old scar is improving nicely. The color of the scar itself has lightened over the past couple of months. I don't always remember to apply the "scar treatment" as often as I should, but I am very pleased with the progress so far.

Below is the information from Ananda regarding their blend. I underlined the ingredients below, which you could use to create your own blend, but I do not know what proportions you should use. I included the link below as well.

Smooth Skin Scar Treatmentâ„¢
Described in the medical aromatherapy literature for reducing or eliminating appearance of old scars, including keloid scarring from wounds or surgery.

Used regularly, this blend of Helichrysum, Sea Buckthorn, Rosemary Verbenone, and essential oils based in organic Rosehip Seed (studied for it's skin smoothing effects) Tamanu (Callophyllum, a very healing oil for the skin) and Hazelnut oils can reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Works equally well on the face and other parts of the body. Use continually for 3-6 months for reducing appearance of 'old' marks. Apply to 'new' wounds regularly to prevent scar formation.
This is the link: http://www.anandaapothecary.com/essential-oil-blends.html#smoothskin

Hope this helps!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

Post Re: essential oil for hyperpigmented scars
Hello Sue Cruz,
You have my deepest gratitude for introducing me to the recipe that actually works for you. My scars have caused me most embarrassd for I am unable to wear bikini (the scars located around my hips) so I really hope this recipe works!
By the way , have you ever heard about the Moringa oil? My friend who had burn scar introduced this oil for me to deal with my scars because she received amazing result from applying the oil to her burn scar. Actually, I have using this oil for month and have observed the significant result in which my scars have been lightened but I'm not patient one so I ask here for great recipe to lighten my scars faster.
I have ordered the amazing essential oil, Helichrysum italicum for Ananda and now in the process of patiently waiting my order, I'm so excited to try this oi and recipe and really wish it brought me the splendid result finally.

Thanks
toomtim

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]