The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How to dilute Thym benchmark essential oil 

Post How to dilute Thym benchmark essential oil
Hi, my daughter has staph infection and I want to try the Thym Benchmark essential oil to treat her infection but how do I dilute the oil and what is the best carrier oil? Can you help me? And I am new to using the essential oil. Does anyone know any other way to treat the staph infection? She was on antibiotic for awhile but it didn't help so She stop taking it. I want to find a natural way to treat her. Thank you.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:25 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: How to dilute Thym benchmark essential oil
Hi - It needn't actually be diluted...it's gentle at the same time powerful. Only if she find's irritation from the oil itself need this be done - and in that case, any carrier at all will do...can be diluted down to 10% - Virgin Coconut is antibacterial itself, though you'll need to warm it a bit to make it liquid. After blending, it can then be used as a salve.

Otherwise, simply dab/sprinkle as little oil on the area as necessary to cover it, 3x/day. Perhaps buy the book on our site "Aromatherapy and MRSA"

Best,
Eric

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:01 am

Post Re: How to dilute Thym benchmark essential oil
Thank you for your response, I did buy the book. I believe Maggie said to dilute down to 5%. I tried that and it worked like a miracle but the infection came back again after two weeks. She put on twice a day the first week and on the second week She cut down to 1 a day because the infection almost gone, but it came back again. Now she put on twice a day again but it seem like it doesn't work effectively like the first time. May be she should try the oil without diluted and see what happen. I will let you know. Also can I diffuse the oil in her room, is that going to speed up the healing. Thank you for your help.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]