The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Problems blending Absolutes with Fractionated Coconut Oil 

Post Problems blending Absolutes with Fractionated Coconut Oil
I made a blend of Jasmine Grandiflorum/Sambac absolutes and BPF Bergamot EO and blended into Fractionated Coconut oil and it sank to the bottom. I rolled the roller bottle (10ml) between my hands to get it to disperse and blend, and at first it seemed to dissolve into the oil, but then after sitting for an hour it sank to the bottom again, and this time when I rolled it the oil didn't completely disperse, but instead it broke up into super small, sand sized balls.

Also, I blended some of the synergy with an oil blend of apricot kernel, meadowfoam and avacado, and it seemed to disperse fine.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Problems blending Absolutes with Fractionated Coconut Oi
Hi - Absolutes are finicky that way. Not anything you can do differently - you can use in a cream base for slower separation, but this is their nature. I'd recommend shaking with the Bergamot VERY well first, then into the carrier and see your result - perhaps try the organic Jasmine extract - while more costly, it is a more soluable form (absolutes, for perfumery, are most often diluted in perfumer's alcohol - something we cannot ship over state lines :(

Email me directly for more assistance if you like at ecech@anandaapothecary.com

Best,
Eric

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]