The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Diffusing Essential Oils 

Post Diffusing Essential Oils
I am new to using essential oils. Today, using oils purchased from Ananda, I made a blend for Thieves using a recipe from another site. Instead of using Rosemary, I mistakenly used Rosemary Antioxidant oil. I made over an ounce of this blend using at least 30 drops of the antioxidant. I noticed it was much thicker and more difficult to drop than the other 4 oils, but didn't think too much about it at the time. Tonight, when I realized what I had done, I just wanted to cry.

My question: Did I ruin the blend by using the antioxidant? Can I safely diffuse this blend in a Hubmar Ultrasonic Nebulizer without risking it being clogged with the antioxidant oil? This is a brand new diffuser given to me as a gift and I don't want to ruin it right off the bat by clogging it up with an oil which I used inappropriately.

Thank you for help.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:19 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Diffusing Essential Oils
Hi!

No, you didn't ruin your formula :)

The blend should be fine in an ultrasonic diffuser - you could still also add perhaps another 15 drops of 'regular' rosemary essential oil to the blend - they're quite different therapeutically - and both would be nice in the blend.

All the Best!

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]