The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Cleaning my diffuser 

Post Cleaning my diffuser
What's the best way to clean my Synergy diffuser?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Cleaning my diffuser
Hi - Sorry if you didn't get instructions with yours; they do usually fully explain cleaning.

Best is to, when you don't see 'mist' being created anymore during diffusing, pour out any essential oil, then:

Remove glass from base. Fill 1/4 full with rubbing alcohol (even better is vodka). Cover both ends with fingers and shake well. Put back on base and run for 10 seconds. Remove from base and pour out all alcohol. You can let the glass air dry at this point, or run it on the base for the little time it will take until finished.

This should do it!

All the Best,
Eric

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks,
I did that a month ago and it worked fine. I just did it again and it still does not seem to be working. No mist just vibraing noise. I tried this at least 5 times with rubbing achol and also vodka. I just bought the in July what else could be wrong? I think this is a great product so hopefully you can help. I typically use lemongrass EO 95% of the time. I will be finishing the vodka myself until I hear from you :)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 am
Site Admin

Hmmm...VERY rarely will an air pump fail...in which case, we'd replace the base immediately for you! To test, take the glass out, turn the unit on and all the way up, and put a finger on the 'output' hole. It should feel like air is trying to escape from under your finger. If not, we'll send you a new base - if SO, we'd replace the glass. Again, need of replacement of either is rare, but it can happen, and we'll make sure you're taken care of...email information@anandaapothecary.com directly (as the support staff won't see a post here ;)

Also, for others reading this, it's best if you won't be using your diffuser for more than a day or two, DO pour out the essential oil from which it came, and clean the glass...essential oils, as they evaporate naturally, will get thicker, and finally clog the glass (not if you're running the diffuser, just if you're letting it 'sit'). This is because the smaller, lighter molecules evaporate first, leaving the heavier, thicker ones in the unit.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]