The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Synergy diffuser questions 

Post Synergy diffuser questions
Hello, I purchased a Synergy diffuser last August and I'm not sure it is working properly. The pump appears to be fine (I can feel the air when I put my finger over the opening in the base and turn it on) and the small internal tube the air flows thru seems to be fine also. But the other small tube doesn't appear to be drawing the oil properly. I have run it for an hour or more straight and the oil does not ever fill the tube. Most recently I have been using your sunshine in a bottle blend from the blog and 10-15 drops last several days with an hour of use on the highest output 5-6 times/day. I can smell it if I am 2-3 feet away but the scent definitely does not fill the room and there is never any vapor that I can see, even on high and regardless of the oil I am using. Is there a way to tell if it is actually diffusing? And do you have an suggestions for correcting this, if it isn't right?

I'm pretty sure it has not been doing this all along, as when I first got it, I think it went through oils much more quickly and I could sometimes see vapor. I have tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol per the instructions that came with it (several times actually). It is difficult/takes a really long time to get the tubing completely dried out, even running the diffuser. And it hasn't solved my problem.
Any advice?

Thanks so much for your help!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Synergy diffuser questions
Hi Kristi,

A simple cleaning should do it. I'm not sure what you mean by 'tubing'...the glass within it? You should be removing the glass reservoir, filling it 1/3 with rubbing alcohol, shaking well, pouring it out - repeating, pouring and shaking out any excess alcohol...then put the glass back on the base and run it for as long as it takes to not see mist - it SHOULD be making a mist of the alcohol, until that's dry...which shouldn't be too long. Hmm, though - the 'Sunshine in a Bottle' is based in a carrier oil, which will not work at all in the diffuser...pure essential oils only will evaporate (as per the instructions). You should be able to clean it and start anew just fine....

Let us know. You can email information@anandaapothecary.com if, after this cleaning, it doesn't work. We do have spare glass pieces for sale. All the best ;)

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]