The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How long to diffuse? 

Post How long to diffuse?
I have been diffusing respiratory/immune blends for about a year in my fan-type nebulizer, with good results. Having run out of the reusable pads, I started using cotton balls, which seems to work fine. I have been wondering, however, if I am using too much or too little oil each time, and how long I can expect to receive benefits before I need to add more oils.
For the last year I have been making blends by putting 6 - 10 drops of each oil (except the expensive ones!) on the cotton ball each night during cold/flu season. I've been running the diffuser all night (next to the bed) and shutting it off upon waking. Each night I add fresh oils in the same amount - is this necessary, or can I get more than one night of benefit from one "dose"? I realize it isn't an exact science, but haven't seen much anywhere on the subject of timing/doses.
Thanks for any insight anyone can share!

Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:30 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: How long to diffuse?
It's really a personal thing, if it's working for you or not. At work, there's often a diffuser running about 10 minutes every hour. If you're not getting sick, then you seem to have a good regimen. It wouldn't hurt to use more, and that's really, as I'd said, a personal decision.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Eric

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]