The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
not exactly about diffusing, but... 

Post not exactly about diffusing, but...
about the strong fumes from the EO's where I'm using them ( a few little blends in the bathroom) and storing them, on open shelves in another room. My eyes burn all the time, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm extremely sensitive. I've decided I'm going to have to keep them either in closed cabinets (don't really have those where I'd like them) or in little plastic baggies, which spoils the aesthetic beauty of all my sweet little bottles.

anyone else find them burning your eyes? any other suggestions?

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Post Re: not exactly about diffusing, but...
I think melissa may be the culprit here, because I am applying direct. I'm going to start using a q-tip so it doesn't get on my hands. Plus I always manage to spill a drop or two on the floor and not notice till I realize my bathroom is still smelling. And it stays on the bottle where the cap attaches, so I've been wiping it down with alcohol, soap & water, and still it's bothering me. My eyes burn.

I've had my other oils around and although I smell them, they've not been a problem really. I now have the melissa in a baggie. But I think even the cumulative effects of the others could be an issue.

I'd like to find a small closed cabinet to put on my table, with glass doors.

Well, I'm new to all this, so I guess I'll work it out. I used to just have 6-7 bottles in a closet and that wasn't an issue.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Post Re: not exactly about diffusing, but...
I'll post if I find something. Things like this are apt to take me a while :)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]