The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Deodorant? 

Post Deodorant?
Anyone have a good deodorant recipe?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:23 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Deodorant?
Through all my years in study, I have yet to see a particular recipe -- one of the best things you can do is find an anti-microbial blend your skin is ok with, and that you like the aroma of, and rub some of this blend into "those areas" after a shower. I personally use Benchmark Thyme, Geranium x asperum and Lemongrass -- as it's antibacterial and antifungal -- and massage it with Tamanu on my feet...it's really for prevention of athlete's foot, but should serve the same purpose.

Really, most oils are antibacterial, and that's the key -- so if you can find one or a blend where the aroma is pleasing (I like the one above), you're sort of wearing it as a natural perfume. You might mix 10% or so with alcohol in a spray bottle, and shake and apply.

While I don't have a specific recipe, from all my years as a therapist, I gather this would do the trick!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 am

Post Re: Deodorant?
Thanks!
I have used EO in oil base for a while with great results, and was looking for something solid that would work in a roll-on tube (I know, should have been more specific :-)
I actually tweaked a recipe that seems fairly nice.
It has baking soda, corn starch, cocoa butter, shea butter and essential oils of choice. I used the great Ananda sandalwood, some palmarosa, tea tree and lavender.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]