The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Chap Stick or Lip Balm Recipes? 

Post Chap Stick or Lip Balm Recipes?
Hello, Anyone have a recipe for chap stick or lip balm...or a link to a recipe?

Any intriguing essential oil combinations? Citrusy oils, mint, and vanilla immediately jump to mind, but is there anything a little more interesting?

I have bought organic chap stick for years from an organic skincare company, but of all their products, the chap stick is really inconsistent. My guess is that it has to do with a coconut oil to bees wax ratio? Maybe. I tried just putting a dab of coconut oil and a drop of essential oil in a tiny travel size container, worked, if the temperature in my purse stayed cold enough....

Also, is there an essential oil that I might add for a touch of pink or red color on my lips? I came across a natural recipe once that called for powdered pomegranate, maybe powdered beet? something like that...for a blush or a lip tint...can't remember...Is there an essential oil that would be a safe tint in a lip balm?

Thank you for your help.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Chap Stick or Lip Balm Recipes?
Hi,

Well, you've got it there...Mandarin is really the oil to use for a citrus note, as it will not make the lips sensitive to UV rays. Maybe with a little spearmint.

Yes, beeswax addition is the way to keep this solid, though cacao butter will do the same (though add a little cacao sent - to this, add Vanilla! It's awesome!)

Use Rosehip Seed CO2 for a little 'red' touch...VERY good for the lips - anti-oxidant, anti-UV, etc...

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]