The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Can I use this blend undiluted? 

Post Can I use this blend undiluted?
I was creating on my mind a blend to treat blemishes overnight (or so) for my sister who recently started to have mild acne.
I chose three oils, one to treat blemishes which is tea tree, other to help the skin regenerate itself faster and also heal and prevent any possible scar which is helichrysum, and the last one, to help soothe and prevent the after inflammation and redness which is german chamomile. I was thinking of something that could be use undiluted because I have the feeling it will work how should, and I've read of these three oils that they can be used undiluted, obviously she won't use this all over her face but to treat blemishes individually. So if I mix them three can I use them undiluted or there's any exception?
Do you think my blend could work? Any other oil suggestion for treating blemishes?

Thanks!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Can I use this blend undiluted?
Really if it is only dabbed on in small amounts on the very spots it's needed. It would likely be better to diluted this at least somewhat it Tamanu, Hazelnut or Coconut oil -- especially if it is more irritating than healing. The carriers do not make the effect weaker, especially ones like Tamanu and Coconut which have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties themselves.

Cheers!

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]