The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
SKIN IS GETTING BAD!! 

Post SKIN IS GETTING BAD!!
Hello,
I am 31 years and never experienced any acne growing up. I would occasionally get one pimple once in a while. However I have always had really dry skin and discoloration especially during the winter. (I live in NYC) Starting about 2 to 3 years ago I have been experiencing increased dry skin and pimples forming in the same areas almost every month and now have an oily t zone.

About 4 months ago the pimples started increasing and I started developing very very mild cystic acne. Now every week I would have 2 or 3 deeply embedded pimples that took weeks to go away. This was happening on a consistent basis. My Mom suggested I try essential oils, so I went ahead and bought the Heavenly skin serum. It seems that my face has gotten worse. I have more pimples around my chin, a couple by my cheek area and 2 by my eyebrow bridge. This is not normal and I don't know what to do. In addition to this my skin is still dry and I have a lot of dark spots from where the pimples heal and also general discoloration because of course its winter time in NYC. Please help any input would be very much appreciated. My mom the health guru keeps throwing recipes out to me to try but I'm too over whelmed with all the info she is giving me.

Besides the Heavenly Skin Serum I used Castor oil mixed with Almond oil to dry up the pimples not sure if it is working

I have also tried using witch hazel and lemon on my face to get rid of the dark spots didn't really see much of a change.

P.S. My body skin is also really dry if anyone has any info to help with that, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Post Re: SKIN IS GETTING BAD!!
I have been using this blend for several years now, with excellent results. Hopefully it can help in your situation.

I use a 100ml pump bottle, add the essential oils, and then fill with the super skin care blend of carrier oils.

rose - 1ml
helichrysum - 1ml
sandalwood - 1.5ml
german chamomile - .5ml (19 drops)
frankincense - .75ml (33 drops)
lavender - .25ml (12 drops)
sea buckthorn - 1ml
carrot seed - .5ml (21 drops)
rosehip CO2 - .5ml (13 drops)
rosemary verbenone - .5ml (23 drops)
carrot root - .5ml (17 drops)
neroli - .3ml (14 drops)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:22 am

Thank you so much, I will try this mixture and hope it works! !

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:07 pm

You might want to read about Palmarosa in the list of oils, it sounds specific for your skin issue. good luck.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]