The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Nummular dermatitis / eczema 

Post Nummular dermatitis / eczema
My dermatologist prescribed steroid cream and antibiotics for Nummular dermatitis. I resisted the sterile cream for 2 weeks but had to take it today because the rash just kept getting worse. I've never had such a bad case of eczema in my life. I had to call off work. It's all over my body, including lips, ears, and eye lids! i would like to take something natural instead of the tetracycline and was thinking oil of oregano would be good.

I'm not early sure why an antibiotic is used for dermatitis but maybe for killing staph. Do you think oil of oregano would be the best choice? Should I start with 1 drop 2x a day and build up to 2 drops 2 x a day? Anyone else have experience with oil of oregano for dermatitis and eczema?

Thanks,
MJ

Tue May 12, 2015 8:08 pm

Post Re: Nummular dermatitis / eczema
Oil of oregano sounds good to me too instead of antibiotic. salt therapy (i.e. breathing in salt rooms) said to work for eczema. https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/realpe ... 6849050204
I have seen vit A stop adolescent skin problems in days.

Sun May 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Post Re: Nummular dermatitis / eczema
Thanks. Yes salt helps. My eczema always goes away on beach vacations.

I've been thinking that since eczema is said to be an autoimmune condition, Frankinscense may be beneficial. Also, I am looking more into benchmark Thyme instead of oil of oregano. Pretty amazing that it kills MRSA. Does it kill any beneficial bacteria as well? I'm trying to avoid killing the good stuff.

Tue May 19, 2015 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]