The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Sun protection for little ones 

Post Sun protection for little ones
Could the "summer skin care blend" recipe (posted in a blog last month) be mixed in water with "tween" for a body spray/sun block? I have a 4yr old and getting her to hold still for a quick spray would be easier than rubbing her down head to toe. She is outside so much that her skin is dry and red and I've been treating her with oatmeal baths. Also, should I change the consentration of the blend for her? How often should I apply it to her skin?

Thank you for the help.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:38 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Sun protection for little ones
Hi...well, we've actually never tried it, but it sounds like an effective method of application. We would love to be able to offer a recipe and idea of usage, though we've really only ever used these ourselves in a carrier oil. There would certainly be no harm in trying! Further, you could certainly use the same amounts listed in the recipe on the blog, and perhaps start with 1ml of tween, shake well, and see if they emulsify. Again, as we haven't attempted this with these CO2 oils, we're just not sure how well they'll mix. The blend as-is should certainly be helpful, both before and after sun exposure, though we understand the challenge you're explaining!

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]