The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Hives 

Post Hives
I have had persisting hives on my neck, chest and arms for over 2 weeks now. I have met with my naturopath and have added supplements but they don't seem to be helping. After testing, the hives seem to be viral/fungal/Bacterial. I'm not sure how all of those are possible. I have tried coconut oil, aloe Vera plant, roman Chammomile, lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, etc. some of the oils have given me relief but not enough to continue with any specific one. Would diffusing the air help too?

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:37 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Hives
Hi - Hmmm...sorry this is happening to you!

So, what you want is a blend with both anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Concurrently, herbs and/or dietary changes supporting liver function are recommended.

This would be the best, and easiest, remedy in terms of the oils: Our Soothing Skin Extra blend, with 'Benchmark' Thyme added...using 20 drops of Thyme per ounce of the Soothing Skin.

You can order the smallest bottle of this Thyme - what we consider the MOST broad-spectrum - yet safe for topical application - essential oil available - and remove the 'euro-dropper' insert in the bottle. Then use a pipette or glass eye dropper to count these drops into the Soothing Skin.

Having the Benchmark Thyme around is nice, because it serves all purposes - and possibly more effectively - as Tea Tree.

Oh, and search for Schizandra Berry online. I personally take about a heaping tablespoon per day when I feel it necessary. It's very valuable for liver/skin cleansing and function. According to most research, there's something in your diet or environment that's causing the hives, though I expect work with your naturopath will uncover the source of this for you.

Hope this helps!

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:47 am

Post Re: Hives
After a trip to my Naturopath, I suspected pork and asked her to test me since I've been consuming a lot and don't normally do so. Nitrates were a problem too. Slowly my skin is getting better.

Funny you mentioned liver/ skin issues because I've been taking supplements to help support and gently cleanse my liver and gallbladder. I knew skin conditions could be a result of liver problems.

Thank you for your expertise and suggestions. I don't know why I didn't think of the skin soothing blend. Benchmark Thyme is one I never heard of before and now know that's another oil I need to add to my collection.

Thank you
Joanna

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]