The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
inflammation in joints 

Post inflammation in joints
How deep can an oil blend penetrate into the body? I'm wondering if an essential oil can reduce inflammation in the neck joints (cervical) or lower back (lumbar).

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: inflammation in joints
Well, oils will be in the circulatory system almost immediately -- and they've sure helped my spine and low back. Particularly helichrsysum -- and it really doesn't take a lot. The oils in the Athlete Magic formula have worked well for a lot of people on different parts of their bodies -- backs, knees, necks -- not just pinkies :) Ginger CO2, Turmeric CO2, German Chamomile CO2, Frankincense CO2, Plai and Helichrysum are the big anti-inflammatory/regenerative oils I'm aware of, and just read research that Tamanu and Borage carriers can have significant effect as well. Cheers!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:02 am

I use a home made blend of 6 drops of each of these oils in a spray bottle with 2 tsp. coconut oil.
rosemary, wintergreen, lavender, thyme helichrysum, peppermint, blue chamomile, blue tansy, ofmanthus.
I add all oils with the carrier coconut oil put in a glass spray bottle and fill with 4 to 6 oz. distilled water.
Spray on any area of your body you are experiencing pain. I had horrible fibromylasia and this blend is the
only thing that has completely taken away my pain.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:38 pm
Site Admin

Wow Linda, interesting blend. I can see the Helichrysum, wintergreen and blue tansy -- I wouldn't have expected the rest. And using as a spray - how did you find that beneficial? It's certainly something we may want to share about, or offer certain blends this way. Even just for the reduction in "greasiness" if applying to large areas it may very helpful for those working with pain.

Thanks!
Eric

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Eric:

I'm wondering about the oils you listed specifying CO2 distillation. Does that mean that the steam varieties are not effective or just less effective?

Thanks,
a.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 pm
Site Admin

Hi Alliswell,

The CO2's are just different -- only in some cases are they "better", and that really depends on your application. And some oils are ONLY available as CO2's, and some are not. So really, the bottom line is their just different.

For example, Helichrsyum, Plai, Eucalyptus and many others are not available as CO2's, and the steam distilled varieties are a very high quality both aromatically and therapeutically. Frankincense is available as both, and in many cases, the CO2 is the more therapeutic of the two, yet we offer both for those who prefer the steam distilled.

Calendula, Rosehip, Carrot Root, and Sea Buckthorn are only available as CO2's, so those are the only ones we offer.

Let us know if we can help you with that any further!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm not sure which Frankincense to get for pain relief. I'm considering one of the CO2 versions, but have no idea which. Any info or recommendations?

Thu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I've also heard that Copaiba is good for pain, is that true?

Thu May 08, 2014 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]