The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Cardamom Absolute 

Post Cardamom Absolute
Cardamom Absolute
This was a recent purchase from Ananda for me and it is divine...
My first experience is with Cardamom was many years ago in the seed form, layered on fresh ground coffee ready for brewing. It really opens and brings out the flavor of coffee. It can turn a lesser blend of coffee into something really grand. (I drink my coffee black I don't know how this affects cream and sugar but its worth a try!) Its also used in many food recipes.
The cardamom absolute functions very much the same as the seed but can be used on the go and in a variety of ways.
I also like to use it as a space refresher. I wipe down my kitchen counters, work desk and car. It just clears the space and the mind.
The Cardamom Absolute is in the eucalyptus family of scents but is a bit thicker, smoother and has hint of sweetness when compared to its basic EO form but well worth the exstra cost.
Try it you will be amazed at how great it smells and its usefulness

dmb )O( <3

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Post Re: Cardamom Absolute
I love cardamom in all its forms as well! Yummy! It is a crucial ingredient in chai tea. Is it used when making turkish coffee? The smell is divine but I have not used my eo much. I think I will take you up on using it in my car and on counter tops. Thanks for the tips, dmb!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:40 am

I will def. have to try this also. I love the smell of lemon oil.Orange oil also. With the help of Ananda I cant wait to get started on trying lots of Aromas, Thank you for all the great information.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:35 am
Site Admin

Hi All -- it's actually a CO2 extract, not an Absolute, just so folks note the difference that it comes to us certified organic, which doesn't happen with solvent extract (typically alcohol) -- so, all the more reason to enjoy it in your coffee! (and by the way, it's one of my favorite aromas for sure!)

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:29 pm

yes, cardamom helps to neutralise the effects of caffeine

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Merlin,

Ananda's Cardamom is a CO2 extract (not an "absolute") and it is certified organic --- definitely safe to ingest and to use as a food flavoring. You should be very careful of the "source" and purity of any EOs that you ingest. I myself would not ingest "solvent extracted" oils.

Att The Best,

Sue

Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]