The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Melissa & herpes 

Post Melissa & herpes
After years of taking acylovir every day, which is bad for my already comprised gut, I decided to stop, melissa in hand. After nine days, sure enough, I had an outbreak (I expected one). I started applying the melissa neat 3x/day and haven't had any pain whatsoever. It's been three days; the virus isn't gone, but it's not worse and, as i said, pain-free.
I wish I'd known about this sooner!

alliswell

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:17 am

Post Re: Melissa & herpes
It turned out that the melissa was getting onto my fingers, as I mentioned somewhere else on the forum, and I was having a lot of trouble getting rid of it. It would eventually get into my eyes.

Also, though it was very effective in preventing pain and seemed to be healing, there did occur another teensy outbreak. So I broke out the acyclovir again. But I only needed to take about 3 of these over a couple or three days.

So the upshot is that I greatly decreased the use of antibiotics (YAY!)-- going from 1 per day prophylactically, and 4-5 per day for the occasional outbreak-- to none at all for 9 days, treatment with melissa, then only 3. Which is a great reduction. So I'm very pleased.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:31 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Melissa & herpes
I do in fact ingest a couple of drops of Melissa a couple times per day when I feel on the verge of a breakout -- though since doing this, I get them really none at all now.

DO wash your hands after applying to avoid getting Melissa to places you'd prefer not to!

All the Best,
Eric

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]