The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
night & day regenerating face blend 

Post night & day regenerating face blend
hello all :D just found this forum yesterday

Having used oils for other purposes (massage & reflexology, personal healing, home cleaning, mosquito & noseeum repellant, sleep aid, etc...) facial topical blends are kind of new to me... help appreciated!

I want to make a day/night face blend for normal skin with few age spots, past sun damage, general aging , etc...

from my research, I like these carriers:
coconut oil
tamanu oil
rosehip seed

now for the EOs:
lavender
geranium?
??

want to keep it simple to start & check reactions...
which EOs to use with these particular carriers & their qualities & compatibility?
... also considering adding grapeseed due to its Vit E content

is this too much carrier & not enough EO?

I've bought my last chemical-ridden commercial face cream ~ want to go natural, they don't work that great & I can't pronounce what's in it anyway

views/ opinions/ experiences welcome!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

Post Re: night & day regenerating face blend
forgot to add...

thinking of adding carrot for it's natural UV ray protecting, wounds & scars healing & natural anti-oxidant... would this syncronize within the carrier blend?

thanks again :P

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

thank you merlin for your reply...

yes good idea... had considered the super skin care base as you say since it has the goodies I wanted to use,
however ( I guess it's the little kid in me) kinda wanted
to make it myself <-- envision mad scientist in laboratory brewing up steamy concoction

as far as the money, well yes it's an issue (helichrysum $192 wowsa)... also, I'm familiar with & have used lav & geranium & carrot so I feel good about using them... still reading on palmarosa

appreciate your help ~ creating a facial blend doesn't allow room for error as much as a massage oil or a bug spray

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:19 pm

with all the knowledge here, lots of views only 1 reply hmmm...
anyone else to chime in, opinions/ advice welcome 8-)

regarding the Sea Buckthorn CO2:
is the redness in it ok for face?
would it be too much added with carrotseed? (carrotenoid overload)

does this blend seem compatible (aromas, notes...)?

thank you again

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Rachel,

Adding Sea Buckthorn and Carrotseed to your facial blend is perfectly fine and makes a very nourishing skincare blend. I use Ananda's "Heavenly Skin" Blend and it contains both these oils and I have never experienced a problem with redness. For your reference, I have included the information about the Heavenly Skin blend below.

As far as aroma, you can "experiment" with going a little heavier on the nutritive oils in your blend with the aromas that you enjoy the most. Work in small batches with the main oils that you want to blend and vary the percentages of the oils until you find the right ratio. You should keep the formulas on index cards and label your bottles so that you know "which blend" is "which formula". You don't need fancy adhesive labels. I write the basic blend info on bright colored paper and then tape it fully over he entire label and wrap the tape around the whole bottle. The labels stay on better that way, as the oils tend to dissolve the glue on the back of labels rather quickly if the oils drip or if you hold the bottles with oily hands.

Have fun and enjoy your "aromatic adventures"!

All The Best,

Sue

Quote:
  Heavenly Skin Serum™
The most revered essential oils for women's healthy skin, based in the most nutritive carrier oils with a plethora of essential omegas.

We've always wanted to do it, and here it is: what if we put ALL the oils used for a women's mature skin care in one blend, it in the most nutritive complex of base oils? How good could we make it? REALLY good, if you don't mind us saying! Made for daily application, Heavenly skin includes Bulgarian Rose Otto, Clary Sage, Sea Buckthorn Supercritical extract, Helichrysum italicum, Ylang Ylang No. 1 from Madagascar, French Wild Carrot Seed, HelioCarrot Supercritical extract, Sandalwood, wildcrafted French Lavender essential oils. These are carried to the deeper layers of your skin with organic Borage seed, Tamanu, Argan, Rosehip seed and the medium chain triglycerides of Coconut. Exceptionally hydrating, balancing and nutritive ~ with a simply fantastic aroma.

A recent customer had this to say about Heavenly Skin: "I must rave again about the Heavenly Skin - I have only used it day and night for a couple of days now and I have noticed such a difference in my skin - usually when I try a product it takes at least a week...so this was a pleasant surprise and I will certainly sing praises on this one for sure! Now if it only came in a big gallon size to bathe in, tee hee! Great combination - my skin is glowing! Thanks" ~ R.E., Aesthetician and Author, Lake Oswego, OR.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 pm

appreciate the reply, just about to place an order...

Thank you Sue for your info & bottle labeling advice yes good idea as the oil slides the label right off then you wonder what was in it...

may use heavenly blend next time, it has alot of what I want to use however I already have several carriers that need to be used soon
still working on my blend ingredients..,
can anyone could advise which oils are not recommended for use around the eyes? Tamanu made mine water a bit

calculating ratios seems challenging... eric posted a blend using a
recipe with 58-65 drops per ounce while a diff post sd she used 114 drops per ounce, some were CO though...

planning to go with this blend, critiques/ advice welcome:

carriers: vir coconut, hemp, tamanu, even prim, rosehip seed
EO: heli, carrotseed, sea buckthorn, lavender

also, better to use rosehip as a carrier, or as CO?

thanks to you Sue & merlin! :D

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:12 am

thanks to you merlin for this info, good stuff...

been scouring the forum for that listing eric posted on the drops, think I saw that downloadable pdf now cannot seem to find it again

help me with this if you can please:
when I read 'more is allowed with CO oils', how much more?

merlin would you have an opinion on the rosehip question? are all these oils we're talking about safe around the eyes?

appreciate your advice merlin you are beautiful :mrgreen:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:36 pm

thank you again merlin you are even more beautiful than before :mrgreen:

appreciate the pdf, very helpful... used your suggestions and added franky into my blend and i LUV it
only thing is guess I got a little heavy handed with the tamanu as it wont drip out of the bottle dripper, had to transfer it to a diff bottle
appreciate your advice merlin ~ hope to see your knowledge on here often as I've learned much from many of your posts 8-)

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]