The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Oatmeal 

Post Oatmeal
I used to have a recipe for an oatmeal and honey facial scrub, but I've lost it and I can't remember which herbs went in it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks and blessed be.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 am

Post Re: Oatmeal
Dina Falconi suggests a few varieties of scrubs in her book, Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and healthy personal care for every body. I'm piecing together a basic recipe from a few different formulas, which you can then modify to hopefully recreate your scrub.

Oatmeal and Honey Scrub

4 Tbsp Oats (ground and sifted to desired fineness)
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp carrier oil
10-15 drops essential oils of your choice

Which oil you choose would depend on your skin type. If you have dry skin, Rose, Sandalwood, Chamomile, Hyssop, Rosemary, Calendula, Sea Buckthorn, and Carrot Root oils would be nourishing and reparative. Also, Coconut, Apricot, or Avocado oils could replenish skin's moisture and improve firmness.

For normal and oily skin, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, German or Roman Chamomile, Frankincense, Jasmine, and Fennel would give the benefit of firming and toning the skin, while an oil such as Hazelnut, Almond, or Grapeseed can have a softening, yet astringent effect on the skin.

If your interest is piqued, the website www.anandaapothecary.com lists far more detail about each of the oils I've mentioned.

Enjoy experimenting!

Thanks for posting! Please let us know if we can help further.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]