The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Essential Oils for Warts 

Post Essential Oils for Warts
Does anyone have any suggestions for successful treatment of warts with essential oils? I've made an undiluted stock blend of equal parts lemon (Citrus limon) and tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) essential oils. I apply one drop directly to the wart (avoiding the surrounding skin), cover with a bandage, and repeat the process each evening. After two weeks, I've really not seen any noticeable difference.

Any thoughts? What has worked for you?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Essential Oils for Warts
There does seem to be a lot of different suggestions for addressing warts. Yours does seem a good formula, but perhaps give something else a try for a while? The Benchmark Thyme is VERY potently antimicrobial, and perhaps could be blended with equal parts of Tamanu oil to ensure there's no irritation. Many studies are coming out about the broad skin care, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and other properties of Tamanu for the skin.

You could even blend these two with the lemon and tea tree - it just seems like you need something more potently anti-fungal, but do want to be careful about skin sensitization with just pure essential oil application.

Hope this helps!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks for the response. I've been reading more about Benchmark Thyme, and it looks great. I'll have to add it to my next order and give it a try!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi Ballerinafarmer,

I've decided to post on the blog addressing the topic of warts. Look for it later on today!

Thanks for posting! Please let us know if we can help further.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

Using pure aloe -about dime sized goop -with two drops of clary sage and one drop vertiver rubbed into warts twice a day AM PM. D/c vertiver after warts show healing response and use clary sage until completely resolved and reapply about once a month as a preventative. Let me know how it works for you.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]