The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Tried Everything but still not sleeping. 

Post Tried Everything but still not sleeping.
I need some help from the community. My sister deals with anxiety and for the past 2 months has been having problems with not sleeping. We have tried several "sleep" blends that are not working. They did initially, but now she cannot get to sleep until about 5am then wakes up at about 10am. This is not healthy for her and I am concerned. Here is what we have tried so far.

Blend #1
1 part Lavender
1 part Vetiver

Blend #2
Equal parts of Frankincense, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile and Vetiver

Blend #3
Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Vetiver, Patchouli & Fractionated Coconut Oil.

She tried drinking some tea last night with Chamomile and Valerian, but that didn't work either. Does anybody on here have any other blends that we could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just ordered the Book and am hoping to find something in there too, but would love to know thoughts of others that have success. I know that what works for one may not work for another, but these are the ones that we have tried with little to no success so far. She does NOT want to go on sleeping pills and I don't blame her. She is already on anxiety medication that she wants to get off of.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:58 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Tried Everything but still not sleeping.
Hi Lisa,

She may simply need more than oils. Oils work well for a system that's mildly out of balance, and to shift our mindstate to a more relaxed one for deeper rest.

We've had customers truly exclaim the virtues of oils as you describe to support sleep, but not falling asleep until 5am may indicate something in need of medical attention is going on.

Also herbal remedies may be the next step: Valerian & Scullcap together are reputed to work wonders, as are low doses of melatonin (1mg sublingual works for many people).

Hope this helps!

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Lisa,
I've had problems with insomnia and anxiety as well, and it is truly awful. I agree that oils can help, but sometimes an anxious mind is a sign that there is something unsettled in her spirit/soul. I find that the closer I stick to God (as well as sticking to spiritual disciplines like prayer and reading my bible) I have joy and peace and sleep is much more restful and 'easy'. Best wishes!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Thank you both. It was a busy mind. She has been able to get more rest. I have also suggested to her to get to her doc. I did find out that Sleep Apnea is in this mix also. She is going in for sleep studies soon.

thank you again.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]