The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Thyroid issues 

Post Thyroid issues
Which oils will help with thyroid imbalances?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Post Re: Thyroid issues
This post is from a while ago, but I read Geranium is good for the thyroid so I purchased some with my last order here. The smell is wonderful and I think it blends nicely with vanilla. I may try making a perfume with at least geranium and vanilla. I love the idea of smelling nice and helping my thyroid at the same time!
Any suggestions from the ananda team on how to make a perfume blend? Should I use a 2% dilution with something like jojoba oil? Or could I just use vanilla and geranium 50/50 blend and use 2 drops on my neck or wrist area 1-2 X a day?

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:57 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Thyroid issues
Hi - Yes, Geranium is excellent...a perfume blend is often at 10%, and these oils are perfectly fine to use 'neat'. I WOULD recommend creating a few very small tester batches to experiment with the amount of Vanilla. Generally, Vanilla is used in minute amounts relative to other oils - ours is VERY potent in it's aromatic qualities. Start with 9 drops Geranium w/1 drop Vanilla and let it set maybe overnight - even make a few with increasing amounts of Vanilla to find the spot where the Vanilla is noticeable, but doesn't overpower the Geranium.

Hope this helps!

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]