The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
What is the best way to diffuse patchouli? 

Post What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?
I love Patchouli but it's so sticky. When I put it on the pad of the 'Spa Center' fan diffuser, it seems to just clog it. I've been putting it into the water of the Ultrasonic Oil Nebulizer, but I found it (it appears to be the patchouli) clumped on the bottom and it's almost impossible to remove. What is the best way to diffuse it?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:37 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?
I suppose that's one of the things they mean by "tenacious" :) I have used it with the plug in wall diffuser successfully -- certainly made the whole house smell like Patchouli. I wouldn't have expected it not to work in either of the diffusers you've tried. Probably "potpourri" style wouldn't be a bad idea -- drops of the oil around the house in flowerpots, on dried flowers and other plant material, etc. Me, I'd just put a few drops on a rug where I wouldn't notice and just let the room slowly fill with the aroma.

Being a patchouli lover, this may not be strong enough for you, I'm not sure...the plug in diffuser is inexpensive, portable, and I think worth a try.

Cheers!
Eric

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Post Re: What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?
I put oils in Bicarbonate of Soda in pots around the house.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]