The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Can you use Super Immune Blend right up to day of surgery? 

Post Can you use Super Immune Blend right up to day of surgery?
Hey, I'm having surgery once again this year. I am one week away. I have been using the Super Immune Blend this fall & so far, I have warded off colds! Yeah. But, is it okay to use The Super Immune up until day of surgery, or is there EO in it that may hinder blood clotting?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:44 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Can you use Super Immune Blend right up to day of surger
Hi,

None of the oils in Super Immune are known to be blood thinners (like Helichrysum or Turmeric might be). To ward off all the bugs in a hospital setting, it might be good to use a diffuser and inhale the Super Immune on a regular basis, before and after surgery.

All the Best,
Eric

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi, I am new to essential oils but very interested. I am having surgery later this month and one of my greatest concerns is being exposed to super bugs because I have more than one autoimmune illness to begin with. i am thinking of purchasing the Super Immune Blend but need information on how to best use it. i also wondered what the best way was to use it at the hospital itself since i will be sharing a room and my roomate may not be willing to have the diffuser part of her environment. I know that some sites have necklaces that can be used. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Tue May 06, 2014 11:41 am
Site Admin

Hi - yes, though Benchmark Thyme would be the better choice - or using both, actually. Benchmark Thyme was developed from 4 strains of thyme specifically to combat MRSA in one oil. You can actually tap a few drops of either or both in the palm of your hand and lick them off (yes, ingesting) a few times a day before you're there...even better would be to do this while you're in the hospital, as this is when the oils will have their most important action.

Wed May 07, 2014 1:41 pm

Thank you so very much for your reply. I am placing my first order today and I will include the Thyme and hopefully that will help. This is a great site and I am learning a lot :)

Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]