The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Lavender 

Post Lavender
Lavender is still my favorite. Besides it's calming abilities, it just smells good. :) When I have lavender in my diffuser at work, it takes me to my garden (in my mind) where I have lots of English Lavender growing.

I'm new here, having just found Ananda and I hope to learn a lot.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:34 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Lavender
Hi debiannj,

Thanks for the post. Yes, lavender IS amazing for all the things it can do -- calm you down, put you to sleep, heal wounds, keep the skin healthy, and new research indicates that Linalool, which it contains more of than any other essential oil, is a potent anti-cancer agent.

That's why we carry 4 forms of Lavendula angustifolia -- all of therapeutic grade (folks always ask "which is the most therapeutic" - to which the answer is: whichever one you like the aroma of best! You'll use it more!).

While lavender is the most popular oil, there are many, many others with broad ranges of action -- do venture out and try some others: cape chamomile is wonderful, as is Frankincense (CO2 blend), and many others -- which really all depend on your desired action. Uplifting (bergamot), calming (lavender or for some people, chamomile), anti-viral (melissa and bay laurel), anti-bacterial (tea tree, Benchmark thyme), sharpening the mind (Sage, lemon) -- it's all very personal too, so what works for one person may not work for another -- just like some people like onions and others don't - really very similar :)

Keep it up! Glad to see you here. ;)

Thanks,
Eric

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm
I've used Lavender on insect bits & bee stings which took the itch and pain away almost instantly.
We had a friend that went rafting the river and they got sunburned really bad on both legs. We used Highland Lavender and Spike Lavender (one on each leg) and within 5 minutes both legs quite burning.
I had a electric tea pot burp hot water over the top of my hands and I used Highland Lavender for the burns. I could feel the tingling leave and within 5 minutes my hand didn't hurt.
We had a friend who's daugher was roller blading and fell by a motorcycle that had a hot muffler and she grab the muffler with her hand to catch herself. Her mother put Highland Bulgarian on every 30 minutes for 3 hours and there were no third degree burns.
Lavender is really an amazing healing essential oil that I always have with me plus Lavender has a great smell.
I could go on and on about the wonderful essential oil. :)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 am

I'll mention lavender as well in honor of the bottle that was included in my Ananda order.

A few weeks ago, I was using a frying pan to bake. I carefully took it out of the oven with a mitt. But a couple minutes later, I completely forgot it had been in the oven and grabbed the handle. Needless to say, I experienced a great deal of pain. I ran my hand under cold water for a bit. Then I applied lavender. I was totally amazed that the pain vanished and not a single blister appeared.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 pm
hi there,
great choice!
lavender is superb, I like it too. It calming scent soothe and calm my senses. Before going to bed I love to light scented lavender candles together with a pillow aromatherapy sprayed with lavender oil.

:D

Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 am

Lavendar, vera --this is awesome. I love the smell. It is a must have essential oil. I use lavendar for healing burns, irritated skin, relaxation, etc. it works for so many different ailments. My 22yo son, got a pan from oven (without his oven mitt) and his younger brother (14) got the lavendar from the first aid kit & put on the burn. By the time I got home, you'd never know there was a problem. I think lavendar is amazing for burns. And I think I trained the youngest brother right:)

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:53 pm
Site Admin

Right on Sunshine2! I'm not really a fan of lavender oils (really don't know why), but I love the Vera. It's VERY therapeutic in all the ways that lavender should be, and it has a nice, full middle tone, rather than the high notes from the esters in other lavenders. The distiller who makes it specializes in medicinal grade oils for primarily the French and European market, and somehow I get a feeling they really know what they're Yummy :)

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 pm

another lavender fan! I use it for sleep aid and wound healing and pest repellant and in candles... also give my bathroom a spritz for a fresh floral scent... also use it on my dog

... and for any who may have a very stressful job: just carry a small vial of lavender on a chain around your neck & when people are going off/ becoming irritating and you seek that inner calmness simply uncap the tiny bottle of liquid love and take a secret whiff... the people just seem to fade away

... though afterward I've had trouble explaining the silly little smile on my face

LAVENDER CURES ALL :D

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 pm
Site Admin

Nice ;)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]