The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
iPhone and iPad App Request 

Post iPhone and iPad App Request
I would love to see an Ananda iPhone and iPad App! I think you could find a whole new customer base if you had one, because the current aromatherapy apps available are totally inadequate. I have paid for several different apps and have been highly disappointed. The information available on your website is far better than any of the apps I ever purchased.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: iPhone and iPad App Request
Hi Sue,

How do you mean -- access to the website in general, or more of a database on the use of essential oils?

Thanks!
Eric

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Eric,

I can access the Ananda website on my iPhone and iPad, but I know about your website, which I discovered after doing numerous searches for places that I could purchase therapeutic grade essential oils. I purchased a few books on aromatherapy from Amazon and later purchased some essential oils. At one point, I was looking for an oil that I couldn't find on Amazon and that's when I came across Ananda. I was really impressed with the wealth of information on your site, the quality of your products and your fast and courteous service.

Prior to discovering Ananda, I purchased several iPhone apps on Aromatherapy which were not very helpful or informative. I was looking for a searchable database of essential oil profiles and their therapeutic uses that included recipes. That alone would have been great and a lot easier than searching through numerous books, but in the case of Ananda, you also sell the VERY BEST PRODUCTS as well, and I think you could find a lot of new customers with an iPhone/iPad app. The Apple "in app" purchase system may not work for you, because Apple gets a percentage, I think it's 30%. But you could refer people to your website and phone number for sales. It might be worth it to sell through the "in app" purchase system to find new customers. Apple makes it so easy for the customer to make an impulse buy because you don't have to enter your credit card info. Purchases get charged automatically to the credit card that Apple has on file for your iTunes Account.

I have learned so much from your website and I constantly share what I discover with my friends and family. I have a desire to use less synthetic products and drugs and use more natural things and Ananda makes that possible. There are so many people that would be grateful to discover your precious gem of a company...

All The Best,

Sue

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm

I love Sue's idea! Ananda's website has so much excellent information, it would be fun and very useful to have that info available as an app, too. It could feature general information on essential oils, usage for common ailments, dilution rates, etc. You could even make it a free (or low cost) app (since you already are so kind to educate us for free on your site) and it would generate free publicity to direct customers to your site.

I agree with Sue - I've looked at the aromatherapy apps that are currently available, and most are just dreadfully inadequate.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 am
Site Admin

Hey All,

Sounds like a great idea. As I've said about our log-in method, there will be a lot more functionality available once we move platforms -- where we can use our current database of information and deliver it in app form. Another item for the 'to do' list :)

Cheers!
Eric

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]