The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Hand Soap 

Post Hand Soap
I know I read something from Ananda about making your own hand soap. Or at least I thought I did. I've got the pump dispensers and Dr. Bronners Sal Suds which we love to use. I'd love to figure out what the best recipe of essential oils would be to put in the hand soap.

Here are some of the oils that I have in my home inventory
Peppermint - my favorite
Lavender
Lemon Tea Tree
Tea Tree
Pine
Thieves
Cinnamon Bark
Lemon

Any thoughts on what would work best? I really want to get away from the perfumed antimicrobial hand cleaners in the store.

Thanks,
Don

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post Re: Hand Soap
Hi Relaxing_Piano,

Below is the link to the Ananda Soaps (scented and unscented). At the bottom of the soaps page are the two unscented soaps, which you can use to add your own essential oils. Add 6 to 10 drops total of essential oils per ounce of soap. Mix well and the oils will stay emulsified in the soaps. Since you like the Peppermint best, you could make a blend with that and one of two other oils from you list, like Lavender and Tea Tree. These three would make a nice, uplifting antibacterial blend. I think Pine, Lemon Tea Tree and Lemon would make a nice household cleanser using the Aloe Castile base instead of the High Olive Castile.

Ananda Aromatherapy Soaps

Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Relaxing__Piano, here is the link to the July 2011 Ananda Blog post regarding making your own soaps:
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/weblog/2011/07/liquid-soaps-for-clean-hands-and-clean-rivers/

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 am

Thank you very much.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]