What do YOU want to see at Ananda?

What do you want to see at The Ananda Apothecary?We’re making some changes around here, and really trying to focus on what our customers would like to see. One of the things I always find myself saying when I see a strange product I think no one would ever buy, or a store that I just want to get back out of, I ask myself “didn’t anyone get a group together and see what they thought of this whole thing?”

So now it’s our turn. We’d really like to expand our offerings in several ways, so you only need to stop by one place to get everything you need. No, not Amazon.com style — we won’t be selling vacuums any time soon :) Essential oils will still be our focus, as we always want to make sure you receive the finest of oils available on the planet. However, we’ve considered expanding our line of blends, our body and skin care products, and even including “super” foods and herbs. Kit’s of essential oils (and what kind of kits — home care, skin care blending, immune-support kits, etc.)

Tell Us What You'd Like To See!Other ideas include an online forum where you can share your practices and recipes with others. We’re also thinking of producing a downloadable “get started with aromatherapy guide” free to our customers. A catalog that one can print, etc….

SO, in both the realm of products, and how the website could be more helpful, we’d like your opinion — SO JUST FOR GIVING IT, we’re going to send you a present (Now, be aware, this present is only available to the first 50 respondents, as we don’t want to run out and not be fare — we’ll make a post if in fact this happens before midnight Sunday).

Our New Sandalwood OilThe gift is a 5ml bottle of a wonderful sandalwood from India we just received at Ananda, but have yet to put up for sale. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is tell us what you’d like to see new at The Ananda Apothecary.

New or different or more products, information, changes in the website, changes in the way we answer the phone – ANYthing you’d like that would make your experience with us better!

YOUR POST MUST BE MADE BY  THE END OF THIS SUNDAY (12AM, June 26th) – No exceptions.

Here’s how you do it:

#1: Find the reply box at the bottom of this post. If it’s not at the bottom of this page, click here to take you to the post’s own page where you’ll find the comment box at the bottom.

#2: Post your idea in the comment box at the bottom of the page. Be as thorough or brief as you like — though we’d love to here everything you have to say!

#3 Send us an email at community@anandaapothecary.com with your postal mail mailing address so we can send you the sandalwood!!! This is crucial!!!

That’s it! All three steps must be followed as described in order to receive your oil. If you are placing an order, you may place your request in the comments box of the checkout page, rather than making than sending your mailing address via email. And we PROMISE we’re not collecting your information for any other reason!

And, if you haven’t yet, we encourage you to sign up for our new newsletter, bringing you tips on best practices for getting the most out of your oils, the science behind them, and promotions at The Ananda Apothecary.com

Thank you for contributing — we can’t wait to here what you have to say!

This entry was posted in Ananda Apothecary News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to What do YOU want to see at Ananda?

1. Debra Dodds-Sheets says:

I think your site is wonderful. The only thing zi couldthink of for improvement would be even more educational material regqrding the essential oils for beginners like myself. The more information, the better informed the consumer. Thank you for this opportunity to express myself, it is much appreciated.

• Administrator says:

Absolutely — our next big project has been putting together beginnger “kits” with booklets to help one get started, and an intermediate and master kit as well. Plus, organize the information on the site to make it easier to go from start to finish with any need or application. Thank you! ~ Eric

2. Margaret Waldeck says:

I would like to see a skin cancer support blend containing the best skin healing oils and the ones with anticancer properties (rosewood, lemongrass, frankincence, etc.). My 101 year old aunt has a skin cancer on her foot and a blend like this would be very helpful for her.

• Administrator says:

Hi Margaret — this is what the Graceful Goddess blend was originally designed for. It’s exceptional, and I would consider applying a few drops to the area two-three times daily. These blends are also easily made yourself — don’t worry so much about the precise ratios of each oil — even if you use equal proportions, but choose those oils held in high regard for this purpose, you should do well. All the Best ~ Eric

3. Nicole Moffatt says:

Love everything you do!! I’m an info junkie so more is better than less in my book. Enjoying new additions like the hydrosols. Have you considered a shower gel or cleansing non-soap line? I also appreciate the fact you offer sample sizes of your oils. Over all you’re amazing and I tell everyone about you.

Nicole

• Administrator says:

Ah! We’ve had the coconut-based soap here waiting for us to make formulas and labels. Definitely on the way — thanks for the reminder — shampoo, gel, etc. with good smells and good purification as well!

4. Marcia says:

I would like to see oils that are safe to use on our pets — for cuts/scrapes; for flea/tick repellant; for calming; or????

• Administrator says:

Yes, we get a lot of questions about pets — we do need to put up a section devoted to our little friends, as they do all have different needs!

5. Karen says:

I love your site! Always enjoy recipe blends that are posted; especially the “Exquisite Natural Perfume Blend” you posted a while back….I wanted to make this recipe but it took me a bit of time to order and receive the supplies needed; when I was ready to make the perfume I could not locate the post it was mentioned in. I had to go through old FaceBook posts, took me a while, but I finally found it! So my suggestion for your updated site would be a specific “tab” where one might locate the essential oil recipe blends that are highlighted on your website and FaceBook. Have a great day!

6. I think it would be great to have specific recipes for blends with notes on which oils could be switched for others, especially as it relates to pregnancy. Which oils would be good in a warm bath and what amounts

I really like Ananda Apothecary

• Eric@Ananda says:

Ah — certainly something I hadn’t thought of — including in the recipes where other oil(s) might do the job and why — whether the reason be safety, or any other…Oils for a warm bath: we’ll get that in there as part of the new Blends and Recipes section for sure :)

7. steeletara says:

Thanks so much for caring about your customers! I was looking for Fragonia, but didn’t see it on your website. I’d like if you could include it in your catalog if possible. I love the information boxes that you have currently with each oil telling the history, uses, dosage, etc. with the colored backgrounds. If there was an option to download this information on each page individually as a pdf it would be great because it’s really useful info and I’d like to print it out for each oil that I purchase and keep it in a folder for my reference. I suppose this might hurt sales of the aromatherapy books though. Natural brushes (for dry brushing) toothbrushes, even hairbrushes, wood combs would be cool. I’d consider purchasing SLS free shampoos from you too. (I like volumizing ones like Jason’s sea kelp, but you could make a tea tree one, and a moisturizing one too.) I’d also buy good herbal supplements if you had them on your site. I think offering bulk herbs of all kinds would be great and you could sell empty capsules for us to put them in or bags for tea infusions. Likewise you could sell books about herbs and herbal medicine. Mango butter. Ayurvedic massage oil (I’m pitta, but you could sell all three doshas, or maybe an all purpose ayurvedic one.) Or maybe just include a “cooling” or “Pacifying” massage oil preparation with something like rose in it, or jasmine, sandalwood. Natural oral care (toothpastes, mouthwashes, gum treatments etc.) and natural deodorant preparations would be great too.
    Thanks.

• Administrator says:

We were just about to bring in Fragonia, but had to limit the budget because it’s a hazardous chemical to ship from Australia. Shipping is more than the oil! — the rest of your input is absolutely wonderful, thank you, and we’re going to take a deep look at all of these early next week :) All the Best ~ Eric

8. I would like to see a natural deodorant recipe using Ananda oils. What really works?

• Administrator says:

Goodness — living in the house with the oils, and people tell me I always smell good even I’m sure I don’t — I haven’t seen a recipe, but really you could choose a few of your favorite scents and put them in any carrier. You’ll want some sort of good antimicrobial, and in this case, I think the choice is Green Myrtle — it’s very effective, and smells great. But putting a category within a new reciepe section on the website is a great idea. Thank you!

9. Christiane Francois says:

I would appreciate an anti cellulite blend. Body soaps (liquid or bars) that don’t dry out my skin. Aromatherapy guide. Clearer descriptions in some cases of the smells of the oils. (I know that’s very subjective and difficult to do). Do you already do room sprays?

10. Kam says:

I think that a forum and a downloadabe intro to EOs and aromatherapy would be great! Also,more book options would be great. Different containers for products made with your EOs would also be usefu. Most of all I want to see EO kits available. Things like the top 10 0r 15 useful EOs. I always thought a sample kit of all your oils would be so helpful to those just starting out as your customers. Buying all the samples on their own would be so expensve but if you put together a discounted kit, that would be so great! I’d get one in an instant. You guys are great and I love the info you provide in your blog. Keep up the great work!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Kits have been on my “to do” list for so long, I can’t recall when we first said around here “we need some kits!”. We’re going to do a whole line up — we’re really trying to find the right packaging — actually “carrying case”, and send a booklet with each one covering the oils in that particular kit…Many have also asked for the forum, and we’ll be doing our best to get the up very soon — AND, yes, I want very much to have a downloadable .pdf “e-book” for the beginner — it’s certainly the hardest thing, isn’t it? Getting started for the first time? What do I DO with all these oils? :)

11. Dawn says:

firstly, i LOVE LOVE LOVE your products! i’m a young living member and use your products almost exclusively becos of cost, no re-sale tax value, and the speed of your deliveries!!! there are a few YL blends that i’ve love to see you “mix up” like “magnify your purpose,” “into the future,” and “abundance.” that said, a forum where we could exchange recipes and ways we use the oils would be fantastic! but MOSTLY, i’d love an expanded product line that includes flower and tree essences. there’s woman in the UK who creates special blends for clients but also has a feature ‘essence’ of the month at a special. i hadn’t heard of some of them, like “sweet william” or “mango” and would love to be able to buy here in the states! here’s a link to her website so you can check it out!! her descriptions for emotional balancing is great too!!

you guys ROCK!!!! thanks for the reminder i need more oil!!
    dawn

12. Kelly says:

I would like a listening of oils according to scent; Sweet, Musky, Strong, Mild to use as natural perfumes. My clients and I know how toxic traditional perfumes can be and are looking for a way to smell the way we would like to w/out all of the ‘chemistry’. I know you have some suggestions, I would just like to see more. Personally, I like a slightly sweet floral/fruit scent, I am just not sure how to develop that with oils. I too agree with the post above regarding the Mango and Sweet William. A extensive oil perfume recipe section would be so great and/or pre-made blends to purchase.
    Many of the products I carry are very, very mildly scented and when people are trying to make the transition to going green it can be very difficult. They are used to heavy scents. What I recommend to them is purchasing some essential oils that they like and scent their own shampoo, laundry soap, etc.
    You have a great website, Thank You! ~Kelly

13. Pamela S. Crow (Pam) says:

I would like to be able to search for an oil for a specific purpose. I.E. What do you put on a mosquite bite to take the itch out. Also be able to print the information on the various oils in a pdf format. I love your site and have purchased several times.

• Administrator says:

Hi Pam – Absolutely, the staff mention that a lot — an index of “conditions” and which oils to try, and what method to use. Yes, and the .pdf docs have been on the “backburner” for too long now — something we’ll need for sure as we expand our blends; it would be helpful to do it for all the oils, I would expect :)

14. Maura says:

Your oils are wonderful, your staff is friendly and well informed. Thank you! I would love to see more blending products, not just shampoos or soap gels, but a larger selection of bottles, jars, and tools (stirring rods, glass measuring jars, etc.). Thank you again for your incredible support staff!

• Administrator says:

Thanks Maura, yes – along with our new line of skin care products and ingredients, there’ll be recipes AND “equipment” & containers for every (well, almost every :) need. We’ve got some great resources on skin care formulation, with lists of “must have” tools & such — we’ll dig in and get them up on the site!

15. I LOVE your oils. They are by far the best I have ever used. I also love your shea butter! Really helped my eczema; actually the only thing that helped. :) I have an allergy to ragweed, so anything in that family of plants can cause me to have a bad reaction. Chamomile is one of those plants. I’d love to see this kind of information for the oils. (I found out about chamomile after I had a reaction drinking tea!) I know you do state to test a small amount first, but honestly, I wouldn’t want to buy something only to find out I couldn’t use it. That’s all I can think of. Your products are great and I sing your praises all the time!!!

• Administrator says:

Hi Donna — Thanks for the very kind words. I think we can at least highlight those sorts of things (the chamomile allergy possibility, and many other such unique yet important bits of knowledge), or organize them far more clearly. Typically they’re there, but buried in everything else about the oil. It would be nice to have an entire safety index, to make it all easy to see at once….thanks for inspiring the idea – it cerrtainly goes on the “to do” list!

16. S. Hunt says:

As Dawn said in her post, I love your products, your website and your customer service, which is outstanding!
    Having just started Kurt Schnaubelt’s course, I would love to see more info about the purity of the oils on web pages. For example, is the oil “pure, natural and complete”, or “genuine and authentic”, “100% natural”, or “100% pure”.
    Something I like from Kurt’s website is that they specify that the oils are unaltered, and put batch numbers on them.
    It may also be nice to have more items for making skin care products–beeswax, lecithin, tins for lip balm, etc.

• Administrator says:

Allo! Yes, well, interestingly enough, all the descriptors you mentioned really mean the same thing — that the oils ARE 100% pure and natural (that’s actually an industry-standard term for meaning the oil is ALL from the plant, with nothing added and nothing taken away). All our single oil pages do in fact mention that they are 100% pure and unadulterated — however, what we’d really like to do is get the certificates of analysis into electronic format and get them online so you can download them. That might be a month or two, but we’re trying to get it complete before the cooler weather comes again :)

As for more skin care ingredients, I’d noted in another reply just a moment ago that we’re just about to seriously expand our skin care offerings, with finished products, more raw ingredients, and recipes. We can’t wait!

17. Karen says:

I rely on your site as both my primary supplier and as one of my most reliable primary information sources. For someone like me, who is both a consumer and a reseller, some of the things that would make you more of a “one stop shop” would be:

1) Accessories – I don’t know if it makes sense for you to do this, but I have to go to other places to get cost-effective bottles, tops, and other necessary additives like solubilizers, thickeners, waxes, surfactants, etc. I would love being able to get it all from you!

2) MORE SCIENTIFIC INFO. You all have gotten me hooked on PubMed, and I do a fair bit of roaming around there and collecting abstracts, but it’s just too big for me to know I’m getting everything. I love the stuff you discuss and share with us.

3) Along those lines, as someone who makes my own EO-based products, I really try to collect the MS/GS certs for all the base oils I buy. So far you haven’t offered those but I think it would be really important and helpful to do so – I often wonder about the differences I find in scent and action between different types of the same plant, like the Vanuatu Sandalwood vs. the Mysore or the Indian Rosewood vs. the Brazilian, and I would like to see the MS/GS breakdown to see what I can learn about the chemical differences.

4) I’d love to see a forum of some kind too, for sharing ideas and information of all kinds.

5) I liked the idea that someone mentioned above of a more organized/identified system for recipes, blog post information, etc. – I use the search function extensively on the site but I still turn up 404 pages and sometimes can’t find something I know I read somewhere here.

I think that’s enough for now. :-) Suffice it to say that I care very much what you do here, and I’m excited to see how it unfolds!

• Administrator says:

Absolutely! I think when The Ananda Apothecary was first built, we didn’t do a great job at getting all the information categorized and indexed in ways that are easy to access. Further, getting all the GC and Certificate of Analysis data in electronic format – for easy downloading – is on the list of things to do for sure. AND a forum, so we can all SHARE our wonderful ideas. Thanks for the note, and we’ll certainly be using yours, and everyone else’s suggestions to our fullest potential.

18. Shelley Trewern says:

How to improve a site that is already better than most? I love your blogs, and I agree with Nicole when she says that more information is better than less – people can take what they need or want and leave the rest for later.
    Also, having a printable version of your pages would be very useful. I would refer to them often! What Steeletara mentions about affecting the sales of aromatherapy books is a valid point, but I feel that it wouldn’t. So many of your oils are rare and not commonly available, and they are not even mentioned in most of the books I already own.
    A useful feature of your website would be a section dedicated to recipes. I do love experimenting and making my own, but there is something to be said for tried and true synergystic blends created by experts. I’d love to be able to access a bunch of recipes without having to search through previous blogs, and to be able to print them out for future reference.
    Thanks for all the care and attention to the quality of your oils, which I can smell/sense as soon as I get them. So different from the ones I get off the shelf at the local health shop. Love and light to all.

19. ether says:

A more inclusive stock of essential oil supplies needed for blending at home like “beakers”, etc. would be swell. As I’ve mentioned already, ‘beginner how-to videos’ would be neat.

I’m glad the aim is not to be “Amazon.com-like” because I enjoy the specialized/clear focus you already have.

-ether

20. Rachel says:

As others have said, I want to know more about what the oils smell like. Yes it’s subjective, but one opinion is better than nothing. I’m more likely to order a sample of something if it sounds like I’ll enjoy the smell. Being sensory defensive, I can’t use oils I don’t like the smell of, even if they do have excellent properties otherwise! (I can’t stand lavender, for instance!) Most oils already have scent descriptions, but a few don’t. Some also don’t point out that they’re faint. Myrrh for instance, doesn’t have much of a smell to me, but the page for it doesn’t mention how light it is.

I would also like a forum where people can share what they use oils for, and their recipes.

• Administrator says:

Hmmm–I think what we’ll do about the aroma descriptions then is to gather a few statements from the Ananda staff, and include them all…Perhaps keep their initials by them, so one could eventually find out that they perceive the aroma like staff member L.W., or F.M. And use terms outside the fairly limited descriptors we find in most aromatherapy books…that’ll all be pretty darn fun, really!

And the forum — many have asked, and we’re going to see what we can do — where our store is served is sometime challenging in adding new software to it, but I sure want to see it — so we’ll have a go at getting one up in the next week or two!

21. Danica Michel says:

I just placed my order for the wooden base nebulizer. I am so excited to start using it for an aromatic environment for giving facial treatments. I would like to open a discussion on using different essential oils for skin care. Also any tips from ananda would be great utilizing the essential oils for skin treatments, oils to purchase etc. I love your website by the way and am so excited to learn more about these wonderful oils.

• Administrator says:

Yes, we’re going to be doing a lot more work in the area of skin care, and likely offer some popular natural skin care ingredients other than oils as well. It’s our goal to make some of the world’s finest “high end” beauty care products ourselves, as well as offer the ingredients and recipes for your own custom formulas (some of us here find it much more fun mixing up our own! :)

22. WOW, lets see i love Ananda as it is already so maybe some more perfumers options for blending and storing finish products like small roller bottles. More blog post love reading the info that you provide on your blog.

• Administrator says:

Ah, yes! We too want to add more oils that are in the realm of natural perfumery, and recipes for the same. Oh, we just set up our system to blog even from our smartphones, should such interesting information become suddenly available :) Cheers!

• Administrator says:

Funny — I’ve never been so attracted to the little roller bottles, but this is Eric typing this one, and I’ve heard from women that “girls love those things”…yes, and I’d mentioned earlier, more oils from the realm of natural perfumery, in addition to recipes and “finished” personal scents….Cheers!

23. Sharon says:

I would love to see recipes using the E.O.’s. Everything from cleaning to medicinal to body care. I just found your page today. Thank you!

• Administrator says:

Hi Sharon — Yes, it’s been a dream to get a really quality recipe section put up on Ananda, and we’ve always been too overwhelmed with everyone’s wonderful orders to do it. We JUST brought on a team that not only is going to develop our body care line, but put these recipe pages up as well. Thanks!

• Administrator says:

Recipes! Everyone would like to see recipes! Absolutely! Come Monday morning, there will become someone assigned to manage the recipe project, and a little (well, maybe a LOT) of encouragement to get those pages up as soon as possible — we’ll also include a feature where folks can post there own as well. Thank you!

24. Bobbie says:

I am new to essential oils, but am very interested in them and excited to start a collection to make blends for skin care, home air purification, first aid for my girls and safe cleaning products. I would find it helpful to have a “beginner’s” kit that might include the most versatile or popular essential oils, maybe some mixing tools/bottles, and some recipes. I really have enjoyed reading your blog and looking through the oils. When I got started researching them, I checked out other sites/vendors and have settled on you because of your information, reasonable prices, and excellent customer service! Thank you!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Bobbie — Yes indeed :) More request for kits! I’d mentioned earlier we’ll be doing a whole line of them — I hope there’s one just perfect for you! We’ll include all the “gear” and instrctions too…soon to come!

25. Billie says:

I absolutely love the idea of offering “super” foods and herbs. The forum would be a wonderful resource as well. One of favorite things about the existing site is the amount of information about each oil and current research. The starter kits and getting started guide would be ideal for people like my daughter who doesn’t have the time to do much research herself.

• Eric@Ananda says:

Thanks Billie. Regarding the superfoods, herbs and supplements, we’ve felt for a long time that as an “apothecary”, we should be offering as many healing “tools” as we can. We’ll be “going for it” as soon as we find a larger space in Boulder — thank you for the words of encouragement! And fortunately, the forum dosen’t really take up any space, so that tool will be coming soon. Cheers!

26. Jennifer Agar says:

I would like to see some terra cotta necklaces as a diffuser of essential oils. Disposable pippettes would be nice, I don’t like to “cross-contaminate” my oils and I don’t want to have to wash my pippette after each use. Also as mentioned on Facebook, I’d like to see added to your essential oils store: Narcissus, plus Jonquil and Osmanthus.
    Thanks for asking!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Jennifer — glad you found the blog. There are disposable pipettes on the bottles & pipettes page, let us know if you think one or more different sizes is necessary for your needs. And thanks again for the tip on the oils and absolutes! We’ll be seeking sources of these oils that meet our very high quality demands :)

27. Sarah Reagan says:

Better late than never getting this posted…just came across this! I love your oils and am really getting some good experience in using them therapeutically with the horses! I’d love to see a forum and will add my vote for recipe section. Thank you for doing this and for caring so much.

28. Linda says:

I am a huge fan of your oils and website! I would love to see more spray aromatherapy (similar to Uma and Spring Rain that you sell). I get more compliments using these sprays than I do using any perfume! Thanks for making such wonderful products. Keep up the splendid work!

29. Donna Busch says:

Fist of all I love your site and product. I would like to see a wider selection of absoultes. Not full time. But something really special for a short time. I know great oils are like great wine and every once in a while you get something really fantastic and unusual. Thats what I would like, You could called the SupremeSent or something like. Other wise all is well with what you are doing!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Donna — I really like the analogy. As these oils are fairly pricy as well, especially the finest of each variety of the natural perfume oils, it’s a great idea to have an absolute in the spotlight every so often. We WILL be expanding our oil line and other items for the natural perfumer — if there’s any suggestions of absolutes or oils that we don’t yet carry, feel free to drop us a note.

Cheers and Thanks,
      Eric

30. Barbara says:

I would love to see an exchange between forum participants on successes with various oils to alleviate conditions. I might ask, for example, what have you used to treat psoriasis? And I get responses.

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Barbara — Thanks for the note. Yes, as in our last post, the forums will take a little to get their momentum moving. Register and take part at http://www.anandaapothecary.com/forums/…our staff will be answering many questions, and after a while, we’ll have a group of experienced users who will also contribute in this way. It’s coming along! :)

31. Susan Lindberg says:

I think a “get started with aromatherapy” guide is a great idea.
    I love your website and enjoy reading about all the different essential oils but being new to all of this, it is a bit overwhelming. The guide would be perfect for people like me wanting to get started but unsure about how.
    Also just wanted to say thank you for your reasonable prices!!

Susan

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Susan – Yes, it’s at the top of our list – a kit or two for the budding aromatherapist, and a downloadable free guide on how to “get started”. In the meantime, do join the forum, and subscribe to our newsletter, as both will have concise information on using oils for aroma-medicine.

32. Alan Gibbs says:

No reading all the other post but, I would like to see other oils and maybe some resins from trees like Polo Santo, Rudraksha, Moringa Oleifera, Also more hydrosols.
    I have been trying to distill my own oils but find it hard to find plant material. Would be nice if you have any information on plants we might find in our backyards or out in the fields we could experiment with.

Hi Alan,

We’re always on the lookout for new and great oils to add to our collection, and with all the requests we’ve had lately to expand our line, I suspect some of your requests will soon be found among the pages of The Ananda Apothecary. Palo Santo is currently available here.

Hmmm….I like the idea of home distillation with common garden plants, I think at least a video on the site of us doing peppermint would be a great idea. Cheers!

33. Sue E. Cruz says:

I am a BIG fan of Ananda and I am absolutely thrilled that you are planning to expand your product line. I no longer use essential oils from any other source since I have complete confidence in the safety and efficacy of everything you sell. I really want to be able to download the Essential Oil Profiles that I rely on. Currently they are difficult to print.

I use your skincare and my skin looks fabulous. I would like to see you expand the line to include facial cleansers, body washes, shampoo and conditioners. Currently I add Ananda oils to my products, but I would prefer to buy from Ananda. I would also like to see additional cream based facial skincare products. I love the Bella Rosa. In the oils I love the Milk and Honey and The Heavenly Skincare.

I have just been diagnosed as Borderline Diabetic and based on your newsletter, I purchased the Melissa Oil a month ago and place a drop on my tongue every day , as recommended. I’ll let you know how that turns out.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! God Bless you and your wonderful staff!!!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Sue — Thanks for the kind words! We will be producing separate downloadable pdf forms for each oil, so that you can print the information if you like, along with getting the analysis data in electronic format and available for download as well.

AND, our VERY excited team met for the first time today to begin development of our complete body care line ~ skin care for both beauty and skin “conditions”, body oils, shampoos, cleansers ~ you name it. Our focus is to “stay green” – meaning all ingredients are safe for people AND the Earth, AND to offer truly high end products at relatively low costs. Our team is so perfect for the job, I don’t expect it will be long before we post the first series of products.

Great to hear about the Melissa ~ it’s a wonderful oil. Do let us know how it works out. All the Best ~ Eric.

34. Michele says:

I would like to see 2 things at ananda:1-aromatherapy candles made from soy or beeswax, full of beautiful essential oils that you can really smell when burning the candle. 2-pet aromatherapy kits and blends, as well as info on pets and essential oils! Thanks for your beautiful company!

• Eric@Ananda says:

Thanks for the note Michelle — Yes to the candles! We hope to have something before the weather get’s cool again :) … We will have kits very soon — we hadn’t thought of a pet kit per-se, as different animals have so many varied “intloerances” to various oils — though a comprehensive booklet along with a general care kit might be of significant help. Cheers!

35. Tonie Minsal says:

More of any & everything organic, organic, organic!

You guys rock Eric! Especially Fionn (I hope I spelled that right!)~ he’s a hoot!

Tonie:)

36. Lola says:

I could spend all day reading your articles about the different oils and their uses. You are all great and appreciated. Thank you so much for all the hard work. I would be happy to see the best oils to use for certain things that are maybe second choice if perhaps the first ones are on the higher price side, but would work almost as well. That would be helpful for someone on a small income that is trying to go the route of aromatherapy to treat their problem. Chemo. and radiation is happening within our family, so I have been researching a lot.

• Eric@Ananda says:

Hi Lola — Yes, we plan to do this in a “conditions” index where different oils will be recommended for the same condition. Considering what you’ve said though, it may be important to see a professional in person. There are many oils now being researched for their anti-cancer effects: Frankincense (cost can be outrageous, or pretty reasonable, depending on where you buy it) and Lemongrass, to name a couple. The thing is, I’ve heard over and over that they should NOT be used concurrently with chemo, as they could actually inhibit it from doing its job. Look into these two oils; others I’ve seen recommended are Bay Laurel and Lavender (linalool has shown promise in research as well). Going to http://www.pubmed.gov and searching “essential oil cancer” may provide some help as well.

Blessings to you and your family!
      ~ Eric

37. Eric@Ananda says:

Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful suggestions. As per the original post, the comments are now closed (we let it go a little longer than Sunday June 26th at midnight :) …You have no idea how we’ve been figuring out how to implement as many of these, properly and effectively, as soon as possible. We’re grateful for your input, and in many cases, confirming what we’d expected we needed to do to make The Ananda Apothecary a more helpful store and website.

All the Best,
    The Ananda Apothecary Staf
    f

38. Gayle says:

I am new to essential oils (about 6 months) and have been using your website as a learning/study guide. You have fantastic information! One thing I would like to be able to do is download all the information on to my iPad in a pdf document so I can take it with me to study at times when I can’t be connected to Wi-Fi. Also, I would like to be able to have an account with you where I can sign in and keep a list saved in “wish list” – yes, like Amazon. The reason for this is that I spend a lot of time deciding which oils I want to order and sometimes I don’t finish my list before I have to stop and come back to it later. That works as long as no one turns my computer off which happened this past week. I had my order almost ready to submit (over $200) and now I have to recreate my list.
    Since I am new to essential oils I would like to see you carry things like a shower gel base that I can add the oils I want to create my own gel. Also, maybe some body butter bases. I am already planning to use you “super skin care base.” I don’t think I am knowledgeable enough yet to create quality bases on my own , but I would really like to learn! Online seminars would be fantastic! Even if they were fee based! Or put them on DVDs and sell them!